• Nov 2010

A cold and Misty morning today!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

5C and wet at the moment but forecast to brighten up and reach a dizzy 7C later wind currently from ENE!

Comment

• LezLee
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Thanks for the Tip, TS. the Meadowsweet isn't that much different from the Deep Heat - a fiver for the latter, small tube.
        Arnica also helps.

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Sun, frost.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Another plant-mashing car-coating frost last night, although a couple or three of degrees up on the previous night thank heavens. The cloud is a bit broken but the combination of intermittent weak sun and a breeze is keeping the mist and fog going, so a cold murky day, although overall light levels aren't too dire.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              Another plant-mashing car-coating frost last night, although a couple or three of degrees up on the previous night thank heavens. The cloud is a bit broken but the combination of intermittent weak sun and a breeze is keeping the mist and fog going, so a cold murky day, although overall light levels aren't too dire.
              Same here, apart from any cloud being obscured by the fog. I don't think the temperature will rise further than the 2.5 C at present. Withe the exception of one notorious day in Bristol, when an entire queue of very slow-moving traffic followed the dimly perceivable rear light of a bus into its depot, I haven't seen all-day fogs like this since my teenage years. I wonder if there's anyone on the forum old enough to recall the London smogs of the 1950s.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Same here, apart from any cloud being obscured by the fog. I don't think the temperature will rise further than the 2.5 C at present. Withe the exception of one notorious day in Bristol, when an entire queue of very slow-moving traffic followed the dimly perceivable rear light of a bus into its depot, I haven't seen all-day fogs like this since my teenage years. I wonder if there's anyone on the forum old enough to recall the London smogs of the 1950s.
                My mother used to talk about the London pea-soupers. She lived in the Thames valley in the early 50's but trips to see friends in the city or for concerts would sometimes be affected by said happenings. Marriage transported her away from such considerations...
                Here the tipping point of the day means that the cloud is starting to meet the fog and with the temperature not having got much beyond 0 degrees all day I suspect driving conditions are going to be unpleasant for home coming traffic. I've been waiting in for a firewood delivery which now looks as if it's going to be turning up in the dark, not what I wanted. I don't know how frozen it's going to be already(delivered in barrow bags due to access difficulties so will have been standing in the firm's yard) but if I don't get some at least put away today then separating it to bring some indoors for use will be hard work with freezing temperatures likely to continue. The wheelie bin lids were frozen shut, not nice for the binmen this morning as not everyone(me for one) has enough rubbish to force them open first try when tipped up on the wagon, so everything is slowed down.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Oh what an uninspiring day!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Midnight - every car outside sheeted and glistening in deep, deep frost.
                    8 a.m. - rain, fog, not a frosty glisten anywhere.

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Another very cold night, but this morning while still cold(hovering around 0 degrees again) the sun is full out and just a few wisps of mist rather than fog, so all looking rather pretty. As the sun melts frozen branches there is the musical tinkle of falling ice shards - especially from the neighbour's silver birch with its fine wispy fronds - and drip of meltwater from shed roofs. The forecast for the next couple of days doesn't look pleasant - continuing cold but wet with it - so I'd better make the most of today!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                        Another very cold night, but this morning while still cold(hovering around 0 degrees again) the sun is full out and just a few wisps of mist rather than fog, so all looking rather pretty. As the sun melts frozen branches there is the musical tinkle of falling ice shards - especially from the neighbour's silver birch with its fine wispy fronds - and drip of meltwater from shed roofs. The forecast for the next couple of days doesn't look pleasant - continuing cold but wet with it - so I'd better make the most of today!
                        Indeed! Possibly the day for getting my Xmas cards, provided the shop I always use is not cram packed with folk.

Thanks to Lez for the Arnica recommendation. Thus far the Deep Heat seems to be providing a remedy of sorts.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Utter day long murk after what one had expected to be much clearer. Surprise?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            Utter day long murk after what one had expected to be much clearer. Surprise?
                            I think the same here today!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Amazing sunrise here but cloudy now with rain expected this afternoon.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Initial mist that was thinning as sun rose now rapidly thickening to a proper fog.
                                Weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X