• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Has anybody any news about jean? It's been quite some time since we last heard from her.
    I think, very sadly, she didn't envisage returning. I don't know anyone who is in contact with her … ? I do miss her linguistic contributions.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      I think, very sadly, she didn't envisage returning. I don't know anyone who is in contact with her … ? I do miss her linguistic contributions.
      I missed her last posts in October - how terribly sad she is much missed .

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

There has been a few of late. How is this forum advertised?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Following up a few clues, I believe jean died on 7 November, three weeks after she last posted. Not unexpected.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Alain Maréchal
            • Dec 2010

Following up a few clues, I believe jean died on 7 November, three weeks after she last posted. Not unexpected.
            That is very sad. Hers was a voice of calm reason, a feature sometimes missing from this Forum. She was always helpful with her corrections to my grammar and syntax, and I am thankful for her contributions.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Oh, very sad news. I have missed her posts, and this will be a tremendous loss to the Forum.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                • Jan 2016

Poor Jean, that's very sad. I see now that she did make announcements about her condition on the CE forum, which I never look at. I will miss her greatly, like no doubt everyone else here.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....Oh dear what a shame....
                  bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Very sad news. A very distinctive voice on here, with perspectives that always inspired thought and questioning.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Yes indeed very sad news. RIP jean.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                        Poor Jean, that's very sad. I see now that she did make announcements about her condition on the CE forum, which I never look at. I will miss her greatly, like no doubt everyone else here.
                        Indeed, I missed those too. Very sad. A valued presence on the Early Music board, and a real expert on (pre-Baroque) early music and liturgy, not to mention languages (Polish). I exchanged the odd PM with her if the Lute Soc alerted me to a live event in her area. Condolences to the "OH" who was mentioned in her posts.

Comment

• vinteuil
                          • Nov 2010

... this is so sad. I loved her recollections of Poland and Italy, and her joy in correct liturgy and her expertise in choral early music. Her knowledge of intricate linguistic by-ways was marvellous, and always deserving serious respect : sometimes we disagreed, and I loved her astringent, occasionally acerbic, replies. Condolences to her partner and friends.

Last edited by vinteuil; 04-02-19, 14:07.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

How terribly sad - I shall miss continuing our occasional exchanges here. Thanks for letting us know, french frank.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                              • Aug 2015

Very sorry to hear this news about Jean.

I particularly enjoyed her contributions on language.

They often got me to think about what I had said - and left me feeling that I was learning in the process.

Comment

• doversoul1
                                Ex Member
                                • Dec 2010

This is a terrible shock. I am very sorry I missed her post on the Choir thread. RIP jean.

Comment

Working...
                                X