• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
    I didn't realize that German was an official language of Belgium.
    Neither did I, but this map shows the German speaking area in green.

Comment

• Edgy 2
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Yeeeeesss!!!!! 3-3!!

Oh god, i love this beautiful game!

So do Spain
      “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

So do Spain
        A brilliant game and a half spoiled slightly by a commentator who wrote off Croatia too early...and a summariser who LOVES Morata.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          A brilliant game and a half spoiled slightly by a commentator who wrote off Croatia too early...and a summariser who LOVES Morata.
          That's Emma Hayes, the Chelsea coach who has been the best analyst at this tournament. A lot of people stick up especially for Morata after the abuse thrown at him recently.... his brilliant strike for 4-3 was one of the truly great euro goals, in an all-time classic of the Euro game....and the best possible answer!
          A match I feel privileged to have seen, despite wanting Croatia to get through.

Scarcely got my breath back from that, and a quick blast to The Woods to clear my head.....

Lets see what Les Suisses can do here... watch out for our man Shaqiri, so gifted, Big Shaq as Klopp likes to call him...

Wow - not a bad start, is it? Classic Lewandowskian header from Seferovic...
          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 28-06-21, 20:23.

Comment

• LHC
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
            That's Emma Hayes, the Chelsea coach who has been the best analyst at this tournament. A lot of people stick up especially for Morata after the abuse thrown at him recently.... his brilliant strike for 4-3 was one of the truly great euro goals, in an all-time classic of the Euro game....and the best possible answer!
            A match I feel privileged to have seen, despite wanting Croatia to get through.

Scarcely got my breath back from that, and a quick blast to The Woods to clear my head.....

Lets see what Les Suisses can do here... watch out for our man Shaqiri, so gifted, Big Shaq as Klopp likes to call him...

Wow - not a bad start, is it? Classic Lewandowskian header from Seferovic...
            You always feel with France that grabbing an early goal against them only serves to wake them up and force them to come at you.
            "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
            Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Yep that Morata goal was superb

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Well the CH passed well, pressed well and defended well...but I guess France can only play better than that...

Fascinating game, perfectly poised for the 2nd half....

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  ... are you trying a variant on the 'ten famous Belgians'?

I think I have eaten better in Brussels, Namur, and Antwerp than almost anywhere in Europe

And no, it's not just tomate aux crevettes, moules-frites, waterzooi, paling in 't groen, rijstevlaai, and lacquements

Nobody likes Belgium or Belgians more than me.
                  Plus it has the longest tram line in the world, and I have been on it. Lovely country.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2011

Ohhh no....! Not another missed pen...

Classic two minutes as the game turns..... but imagine if it had gone in....terrific contest....

Oh football, football... have the Swiss anything left?

Comment

• Edgy 2
                      • Jan 2019

Looks like France have woken up now 2-1

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                        Looks like France have woken up now 2-1
                        Wow! Benzema seemed to have done nothing and then two great goals.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Missed the early game. Anything much happen ?!
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

WOW! No answer to that one, is there? Pogba of the brilliant hair!

YES! Come on Les Suisses!

An agonised hairsbreadth from another 3-3....goodness.....

Yes yes yes! It is 3-3!
                            Well, well....."now I've seen everything.." But with football you never have......did you ever see see a last few minutes like that?

I mean twice in day? Really? Will France take over like Spain did, or....?
                            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 28-06-21, 21:55.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                              • Jan 2019

Breathless

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2011

Gosh.... we all know who has the greater firepower, but... in a shootout..... here we go....!

I wanted the Swiss to do it, I so admired the way they played and fought with such staggering gifts against them......great save from Sommer for the Fearful Fifth! But Mbappé to take it? I wonder.....

What an amazing, wonderful day...... barely time to recover before........ well you know.....
                                The shift I've put in at the TV today....! I need a good rest.... but right now, something to eat at long last.....

Ah... here come The Cats...... they always come first, don't they?
                                Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 29-06-21, 04:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X