Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Tense and exciting .... but guess what .....

France is out!

Andy Murray was really down and almost out earlier on in Wimbledon tennis, but made a comeback - just!

Comment

• Edgy 2
      • Jan 2019

Roy Keane just now

This is why football is the greatest game on the planet
      “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Well at least I caught the second game. Thrilling stuff, and every tournament needs a big shock. A reminder if it was needed that it is a team game, even if, as In the Italy game, individual talent often gets you out of jail.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LHC
          • Jan 2011

Has there ever been a better day at a major tournament? To have two such amazing games back to back is just incredible. Fantastic performances by Croatia and especially Switzerland, who fully deserved their win.
          "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
          Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Fourteen goals in a day, not including the pens - wonderful day of footie with some fab goals. When France were good they were wonderful - they just didn't do it for long enough and didn't seem to realise that the Swiss were not going to lie down to it. Xhaka was fab! That, with an amazing day at Le Tour, made this a really special day of sport...especially for a Monday.

Comment

• Frances_iom
              • Mar 2007

I am so sick of football being injected into everything that I 'pray' that England go down 0-6 today as this should at least stop the utter banality of the news reports etc. It's a bl*dy game and of zero importance.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                I am so sick of football being injected into everything that I 'pray' that England go down 0-6 today as this should at least stop the utter banality of the news reports etc. It's a bl*dy game and of zero importance.
                Don't you realize that this is the most important sporting encounter since the last one that was this important?
                Should your wish regarding the result be granted, it will be down to Andy Murray (who's British until he loses) to keep the jolly old flag flying.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Sick of people moaning about football on a football thread.

There are a million places to whinge online. Please don't do it here, in our little oasis of enjoyment, in a rather tricky world.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                    Remind me to say that about squealy, strawberries and cream Wimbledon, which we get every flipping year and about which there's so much excitement among so many fans who for the other 50 weeks of the year are oblivious to the game - unlike most footy fans.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

There are a million places to whinge online. Please don't do it here, in our little oasis of enjoyment, in a rather tricky world.
                      Hear, hear, Sainty!

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Not much from Cloughie on the Euros. Wednesday must have gone out in the early stages

I think he might be having a little forum downtime, if so, look forward to hearing your ever forthright views on the Euros IDC , Cloughers.

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

Some of us are 'moaning' about the extent of the coverage, rather than the sport itself, in particular the unscheduled disruption to normal schedules on main channels. I was thoroughly absorbed by last night's Centre Court action, but would have been happy to watch it on the red button or iPlayer - surely most keen sports fans can access either or both? Is there any reason why the BBC4 channel can't be used for sport before 7 p.m.?

Comment

• pastoralguy
                            • Nov 2010

We have a sweepstake going at work. I drew Portugal. Bye bye £50!

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Not much from Cloughie on the Euros. Wednesday must have gone out in the early stages

I think he might be having a little forum downtime, if so, look forward to hearing your ever forthright views on the Euros IDC , Cloughers.

He is taking downtime ts ………

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                                Is there any reason why the BBC4 channel can't be used for sport before 7 p.m.?
                                I understand the same digital slot is shared with CBeebies or similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X