X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    Point taken teamsaint. I must say that booing an opposing side's national anthem is a bit...er...offside. Not really cricket!
    Indeed, not cricket at all, whichever way you spin it! . I completely agree about the booing, it is probably counterproductive in any case. But politeness seems to be a rather outdated concept, sadly. It could do with rebranding........
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Team news..... main change is Trippier in on our right flank for Saka.....to defend against those Italian breaks on the side most of them tend to come from with Verratti and Insigne, especially earlier in tournament before Spinazzolla was injured. But Emerson seems to be playing the same role...

(I tried some soup earlier but soon gave up....drink-sipping only tonight...)....
      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 11-07-21, 19:57.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

What scene, what a sound, what a moment......overwhelming....

Whatever you all do, wherever you are...it is a rare and special occasion...... just try to enjoy it, whatsoever agonies and ecstasies may lie ahead........

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          What scene, what a sound, what a moment. (I tried some soup earlier but soon gave up....drink-sipping only tonight...)....

Whatever you all do, wherever you are...it is a rare and special occasion...... just enjoy it..... !

Yes indeed.
          Could be the start of a great era !!
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
            • Apr 2014

I must be dreaming…..

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Wonderfully created goal.... see Trippier with the perfect cross for Shaw.... later, Trippier is taking the corner on the opposite side....great selection.
              Some first 15', wow....

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                • Apr 2014

He’s such a magnificent striker of the ball you almost wonder why he isn’t playing as a forward …

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Wonderfully created goal.... see Trippier with the perfect cross for Shaw.... later, Trippier is taking the corner on the opposite side....great selection.
                  Some first 15', wow....
                  Which I missed because I was typing a reply to an FB thread about Mahler's 1st Symphony and its possible precursors. The game is moving fluidly enough for me to have o wait until halftime for a replay of it.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2011

Half-time comes at the right time, with Italy pushing us gradually back.....

Tactically spot-on first-half. Moving the ball quickly in attack using the flanks well, forming up quickly in defence when Italy regain possession. But Italy have defended well since the goal; as players tire and the game becomes more open, once again timing and choice of subs becomes critical...

Watching the replays now.... wonderful team goal wasn't it?

Comment

• Edgy 2
                      • Jan 2019

Half-time comes at the right time, with Italy pushing us gradually back.....

Tactically spot-on first-half. Moving the ball quickly in attack using the flanks well, forming up quickly in defence when Italy regain possession. But Italy have defended well since the goal; as players tire and the game becomes more open, once again timing and choice of subs becomes critical...

Watching the replays now.... wonderful team goal wasn't it?
                      It was indeed
                      “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

Giving up too much ground here, too early (poss. 33/67)..... sub soon to take the game back to them....crucial passage of play now...

You see? It was coming wasn't it? "Scoring by numbers". Oh yes, now we really do have a game....
                        Come on Mr. Southgate, don't wait too long....

Saka for Trippier...but we need more creativity, more firepower....and I guess experience.... here comes Hendo for Rice....
                        God, this is hard to watch....

Grealish or Rashford soon, surely... no outlet now, the midfield need something to hit...
                        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 11-07-21, 21:37.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Oh, dear.How sad. Never mind.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

I’d have had Grealish on for Mount on 60 mins. We need to get hold of the ball, and he is the one who can do it.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Phew..... relieved just to get this far, right?
                              Chasing shadows for 45' is exhausting. Saka looks a little out of his depth here....
                              Two more subs needed at least now, just for fresh energies.

Chiellini? So cynical, could have been a red....

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Phew..... relieved just to get this far, right?
                                Chasing shadows for 45' is exhausting. Saka looks a little out of his depth here....
                                Two more subs needed at least now, just for fresh energies.

Chiellini? So cynical, could have been a red....
                                "could have"? Should have, more like. So blatant.

Comment

Working...
                                X