X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Andy's back for the night!

Oilrig's introducing Andy K doing a one hour show on Mr Mandela - looking forward to that
    ...and Mary Ann's got Ballake Sissoko in for a session in the second hour - delight indeed!
  • Paul Sherratt

>>Andy K doing a one hour show on Mr Mandela

Wonder if he knows ?

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Turns out he did know and managed a traditional chunter about the programme format ...

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
        Turns out he did know and managed a traditional chunter about the programme format ...

I enjoyed hearing Andy's ravaged dulcets on the air again Paul, but I was left wondering if this is where World Routes might turn up from time to time, as a sort of adjunct to Wo3.

Comment

• Honoured Guest

You're spot on there! Frpm yesterday's BBC Media Centre News:

"January will also see the start of an ambitious new series within Radio 3’s flagship world music programme, World On 3, following the consolidation of the programme with World Routes in last year’s schedule changes. The range of music and culture across all 53 countries of the Commonwealth will be explored in Commonwealth Connections, a 26-part series, broadcast from Friday 31 January as part of World On 3."

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
            You're spot on there! Frpm yesterday's BBC Media Centre News:

"January will also see the start of an ambitious new series within Radio 3’s flagship world music programme, World On 3, following the consolidation of the programme with World Routes in last year’s schedule changes. The range of music and culture across all 53 countries of the Commonwealth will be explored in Commonwealth Connections, a 26-part series, broadcast from Friday 31 January as part of World On 3."
            53 countries, 26 parts - why, friends, that means they'll each get at least 30 mins. More than enough to sum up their rich diversity of music and culture I would have thought. If I had time or patience I'd work out what that represented as a percentage across all of the BBC's output, or even as a %age of r3's output.
            Bah.
            Humbug.

Comment

Working...
            X