X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Beware Baker

Caught the doc about Ginger Baker at my local uniplex today and very enjoyable it was too. Funny, interesting, sad and loads of fine music, of course, from Mr Grumpy and others. I assume spending all your money on polo ponies is a different type of addiction. Some footage of Fela and Tony Allen, but mostly of a guy who found it easier to keep on moving on...and there was this clip of Ginger, Heckstall Smith, Bruce, Bond and Kenneth Connor.

Rare clip of The Graham Bond Organization from the film "Gonks Go Beat" (1965). Marvel out how Graham Bond manages to obtain a Hammond B3 sound from that hu...
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Caught the doc about Ginger Baker at my local uniplex today and very enjoyable it was too. Funny, interesting, sad and loads of fine music, of course, from Mr Grumpy and others. I assume spending all your money on polo ponies is a different type of addiction. Some footage of Fela and Tony Allen, but mostly of a guy who found it easier to keep on moving on...and there was this clip of Ginger, Heckstall Smith, Bruce, Bond and Kenneth Connor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3jUiKFIlYQ
    Look at Ginger's 'job-interview' hair-do

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
      • Apr 2007

Phew, relief! - the thread title made me think someone was daring to slag off Dame Janet...
      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
        Phew, relief! - the thread title made me think someone was daring to slag off Dame Janet...
        Fear not, LMP...'twere Lord Ginger of Cowdray to whom I referred.
        Drummer Ginger Baker proves a formidable, cantankerous presence in Jay Bulger's gripping documentary, writes Philip French
        Last edited by johncorrigan; 13-06-13, 08:45. Reason: ...and apologies to any Whovians for any confusion caused

Comment

• Globaltruth
          Host
          • Nov 2010

SEE Ginger whipping up an afro storm with Fela Ransom Kuti in Lagos. SEE highlights from both of Cream’s memorable Albert Hall performances. SEE Ginger, stoned out of his mind, falling off his drum…

written by a very old chum of mine a while back...

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
            http://www.trebuchet-magazine.com/beware-of-mr-baker/

written by a very old chum of mine a while back...
            Have to agree with your old chum, Global...Bulger, the director, clearly goaded the ginger one into landing one on him, which certainly looks good for the press - probably Ginger didn't think he merited a right good going over because it looked relatively tame - drew blood mind you.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Imagine are showing the 'Beware of Mr Baker' doc on Tuesday of this coming week. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
              The irascible Cream drummer Ginger Baker reflects on his sixty-year career.
              Last edited by johncorrigan; 05-07-15, 00:00. Reason: anyone for polo - costs a mint, old fruit!

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Imagine are showing the 'Beware of Mr Baker' doc on Tuesday of this coming week. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b061y4qk

rare early footage (shot by Ginger Baker) featuring Fela & Afrika 70 performing in the rainy southeastern town of Calabar, shortly after the the Nigerian civ...

Comment

Working...
                X