Host
    • Nov 2010

Bob Brozman has died

Just heard this sad news.
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Just heard this sad news.
    Sad indeed, Global. Truly a great collaborator in World Music... and a mighty fine guitarist.
    Slide guitar master Bob Brozman plays "Highway 49 Blues." From the Vestapol DVD "Bob Brozman in Concert." More info at https://stefan-grossmans-guitar-worksh...

Artist: Cyril Pahinui & Bob BrozmanTitle: Ku'u Lei (My Wreath of Flowers)taken from the album "Four Hands Sweet & Hot"

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

It would seem that he took his life as pain was making it impossible to play guitar anymore and he could not consider that loss. I was interested to read Robin Denselow's obit and find he lived in Ben Lomond near Santa Cruz. In the early 80s hitching through that area I went through Ben Lomond and the days spent in the Redwood Groves there were incredibly memorable - still say to anyone who'll listen that to go to California without sitting beneath a Sequoya is to miss something of greatness. I've been enjoying listening the music of this fine player this week.
      Guitarist and ethnomusicologist who played with an international array of musicians

Ledward Kaapana, Bob Brozman, and Jeff Peterson jammin at George's Slack Key workshop at Napili Bay June 2011
      Last edited by johncorrigan; 04-05-13, 15:34. Reason: neat clip!

Comment

• Globaltruth
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        It would seem that he took his life as pain was making it impossible to play guitar anymore and he could not consider that loss. I was interested to read Robin Denselow's obit and find he lived in Ben Lomond near Santa Cruz. In the early 80s hitching through that area I went through Ben Lomond and the days spent in the Redwood Groves there were incredibly memorable - still say to anyone who'll listen that to go to California without sitting beneath a Sequoya is to miss something of greatness. I've been enjoying listening the music of this fine player this week.
        Guitarist and ethnomusicologist who played with an international array of musicians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSR4m0Wc7_0
        Good post JC, thank you.
        I read that obit too, and have been reading a bit about him in other places - including an incredible list of people he collaborated with.
        I only saw him once, and that was solo, but he was tremendous - not just musically, but as an entertainer & great at disseminating knowledge.
        I will miss him - he was younger than me, I assumed he would be around for a long time...

Comment

Working...
        X