• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt
    • Sep 2024

Te recuerdo

Chile remembers something
    Chilean authorities arrests four former army officers accused of involvement in the murder of singer Victor Jara in 1973 after the Pinochet coup.
  • Simon

Hello Paul. I see you too, down there! Happy New Year.

How correct of you to tremember that sad time. There were so many similar stories coming out of South America in those years, weren't there?

And let us hope that all the millions who have been murdered, and are still being persecuted, by so many vile leftwing and/or lunatic regimes throughout the world are also remembered.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-13, 17:22.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      Indeed.

And let us hope that all the millions who have been murdered, and are still being persecuted, by so many vile leftwing and/or lunatic regimes throughout the world are also remembered.
      'millions who've been murdered and are still being persecuted'?! - bit of a redundant gesture, surely

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

i think they are Simon and i think also that Victor Jarra is worth remembering as an individual for his courage in opposition to Kissinger's puppet Pinochet

indeed let us remember the millions who were killed or condemned to lives of bitter deprivation in camps and gulags by the communist regimes of Russia China and eastern Europe inter alia ... a cause that i am sure the humanitarian Jarra would support ....

where do you have in mind for the attribution of left wing and still?
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          'millions who've been murdered and are still being persecuted'?! - bit of a redundant gesture, surely
          You may think so. I think that it is never redundant to remember both our own good fortune and the tragedy those whose lives are being and have been blighted by terror at the hands of their "leaders" and other crackpots.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            You may think so. I think that it is never redundant to remember both our own good fortune and the tragedy those whose lives are being and have been blighted by terror at the hands of their "leaders" and other crackpots.
            No, the redundant bit is what you wrote about persecuting dead people ;erm:

Comment

• Globaltruth
              Host
              • Nov 2010

I'll just remind you of Post 19 on this thread shall I?

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                No, the redundant bit is what you wrote about persecuting dead people ;erm:
                I wonder if you could make your contributions relevant and cease these attempts to disrupt and be "clever"?

It was quite clear what I meant, though I accept I could have phrased it better.

We've had a request, as Global has pointed out, not to "fall out". I suggest you give that some thought before trying to wind me up any more.

Comment

Working...
                X