X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

Tunes for a saint ( 4 )
    Jah Stitch
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      Tunes for a saint ( 3 )
      The Tamlins*
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

*tdf
      Thanks Paul - Reggae Randy - great photie on this one - great tunes.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

John, it's a great image, dat, indeed, and what a song/version.
        Tunes for a saint ( 5 )
        Jackie Mittoo & Skatalites
        Arranger/producer/Keyboardman Jackie Mittoo & the Skatalites recorded 1964 (possibly recorded on two tracks). This instumental, described by Mark Ainley in...

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Tunes for a saint ( 6 )
          Wayne Jarrett

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Just deleted a long and fascinating reply !!
            Anyway, cheers people...making up for the lost years...must have heard, but not really listened to, a thousand reggae tunes on Peel's show.....a Wiltshire bedroom and a transistor radio isn't the natural home of dub !!
            Will report back on your suggestions, and keep them coming . Broadband back to speed, youtube here i come !

Football...whats that ?!
            (got tickets for Saturday ...)
            Time-warps and evolution of musical tastes are interesting - I remember Peely mocking Reggae c1968 when he was into prog, Eclection, Principal Edwards and the like. JP liked to give the impression of being cutting edge and was his own man on what went on his programmes but I was never convinced that he really liked all he played.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Tunes for a saint ( 6 )
              Wayne Jarrett
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQ-g3rpuv0
              THanks very much for all those links Paul.

Some absolutely top quality stuff there.Enjoyed every single one. Lit up a dull november day no end.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Teamsaint, you're welcome. More to follow as I'm now starting on a major clear-out/putting cds on a hard disc period and I'm just going up to the
                loft to start on the reggae crate ...

A result and a half yesterday, btw. Should see the back of the seriously over-rated, downbeat, Mr Hughes.

Comment

• Russ

Smile, by Suzanne Crouch.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Teamsaint, you're welcome. More to follow as I'm now starting on a major clear-out/putting cds on a hard disc period and I'm just going up to the
                    loft to start on the reggae crate ...

A result and a half yesterday, btw. Should see the back of the seriously over-rated, downbeat, Mr Hughes.
                    Keep them coming Paul...the idle mans's guide to Reggae, making life easy for old punks everywhere! !!Makes working at home so much more fun.
                    (like the idea of a Reggae crate too... its a tough job etc....)
                    Hughes....one of those "football industry " people who will always get a job. I prefer an Ian Holloway () or Nigel Adkins who have beaten the odds....
                    Great result indeed, and one we thoroughly deserved. 4 out of next 5 at home...time to start collecting points I hope...
                    Last edited by teamsaint; 19-11-12, 09:57.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

other tracks are available...

Big, Youth, Screaming, Target, Reggae, Rasta, Dub, Culture, Ital, Jah, King, Sellassie, Roots, Rastafari

I heard this song while playing skate and decided to upload

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/barrington-levy/id308133www.estoners.clubCheck out our channel. New things are coming. Subscribe us.

"If you live by the gun, you die by the gun".Masterful performance from the main man, Johnny Clarke on this deadly Art & Craft 12" disco 45 dating from 1982 ...

and, of course, a bhangramuffin stylie version to set make sure Your Ears Are Alight & to pop your hood
                      A Brummie through and through, the original innovator of bhangramuffin Apache Indian doesn't mind taking himself less seriously sometimes! In his up-to-date ...

then unforgettable lyrics..
                      Singers & Players & Prince Far I - Virgin - 10" - 1982 - Produced by: Adrian Sherwood
                      Last edited by Globaltruth; 19-11-12, 17:43. Reason: Branson is a pickle with no place on my plate...

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                        other tracks are available...

Big, Youth, Screaming, Target, Reggae, Rasta, Dub, Culture, Ital, Jah, King, Sellassie, Roots, Rastafari

I heard this song while playing skate and decided to upload

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/barrington-levy/id308133www.estoners.clubCheck out our channel. New things are coming. Subscribe us.

"If you live by the gun, you die by the gun".Masterful performance from the main man, Johnny Clarke on this deadly Art & Craft 12" disco 45 dating from 1982 ...

and, of course, a bhangramuffin stylie version to set make sure Your Ears Are Alight & to pop your hood
                        A Brummie through and through, the original innovator of bhangramuffin Apache Indian doesn't mind taking himself less seriously sometimes! In his up-to-date ...

then unforgettable lyrics..
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCKXWS8SEU
                        Finally got round to these, so thanks for the links GT.

The Big Youth song is just sensational...and lots of other great stuff too.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          Finally got round to these, so thanks for the links GT.

The Big Youth song is just sensational...and lots of other great stuff too.
                          Genuinely glad you liked them.....Big Youth is a personal favourite I must admit.

Comment

Working...
                          X