X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Reynolds
    • Jun 2024

D-Day...the return of Andy Kershaw

Be sure to catch Music Planet tonight at 9pm with Lucy Duran and Andy Kershaw:

Andy Kershaw and Lucy Duran explore music of ocean communities around the world.
  • Lateralthinking1

Terrific. Has it come round so soon? Welcome back Andy - let's hope that this is just a start. And I see that Lucy is in Galicia. Couldn't ask for more really.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

..........Radio 4 - yes it has to be done at times - has just advertised "The Human Planet" tonight. Not a word about "Music Planet". So much for joined up broadcasting!!

Comment

• Globaltruth
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        ..........Radio 4 - yes it has to be done at times - has just advertised "The Human Planet" tonight. Not a word about "Music Planet". So much for joined up broadcasting!!
        I heard that and thought much the same.

And they didn't mention the project managers involvement (planit planet), or the horticulturalists (plant planet) or the censorship lot (banit planet) etc etc., sorry it's been a tough day. Where's yer Spotify p.list...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I'd quite like plant planet. "p. list"? I'm being slow. Planet list?? Playlist? (I've got Playlists J and R in private, there isn't a P - when I come back with an individual one - I haven't done a proper one yet - it will have a good title).
          Last edited by Guest; 13-01-11, 19:19.

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

I'd quite like plant planet. "p. list"? I'm being slow. Planet list?? Playlist? (I've got Playlists J and R in private, there isn't a P - when I come back with an individual one - I haven't done a proper one yet - it will have a good title).
            Playlist playlist. I'm more than happy with the ones we've got, but, of course, the more the Merrier. Are they merry?
            Anyway you know what I mean...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, good. In the strict order of events, I was almost ecstatic about this fine bit of teamwork -

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Btw shall we maybe go for a bit of live posting on here at 2100 while we listen to AK?

Like proper fans and if we're not asleep, or too drunk or simply forget or get abducted by aliens. Or abducted by allens. Even worse.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, good idea. I mainly do pints of tea these days like Tony Benn, certainly when at home. I tend to be abducted by alliums. The inflorescences are umbels but it is generally ok because I stick to the subgenera that are not monophyletic.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Off to a good start with the phrase 'abutting the landmass'...

So that's how the bagpipe came to Britain...hang on this has all got a bit saucy.
                    Hilarious.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Global, Are we sort of tweeting this? Not done this before. 15,000 bagpipe players. How many here? Do we have bagpipe schools?

Comment

• Globaltruth
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Global, Are we sort of tweeting this? Not done this before. 15,000 bagpipe players. How many here? Do we have bagpipe schools?
                        Idly chatting I prefer I think. This guy is terrific - mellifluous. Don't think we'll find him on Spotty.

I'm warming to Lucy on this programme...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

.....A familiar voice here. It's Andy. ( I love Lucy. Came away from that section with the idea that Benny Hill would be big in Galicia).

Comment

• Globaltruth
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

.....A familiar voice here.
                            Yes with a reference to a classic Hunter S Thompson work...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

......This programme is wall to wall fish. No mushy peas yet though.....liked that tune. Slurpy but stirring. Oh, it's about killing people.

Comment

Working...
                              X