X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

segue of the year

Felt compelled to bookmark early for this year's segue of the year for this threesome from Wo3 this evening.
    Pancho Álvarez - A Camposa
    Vinicio Capossela - Goliath
    At First Light - El Garrotin
    Stunning!
  • Oilrig

Thank you John! Producer Felix Carey will be happy too I'm sure for this combined effort.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Oilrig View Post
      Thank you John! Producer Felix Carey will be happy too I'm sure for this combined effort.
      Really enjoying the At First Light record, OR.

Comment

• Oilrig

John McSherry's pipes and Donal O' Connor's fiddle are as one - it's a great combination. I've also heard McSherry do the same with Dezi Donnelly on fiddle to same effect or Iains MacDonald and MacFarlane - there's something very special about such skilful friends playing together.

Comment

• Quarky
          • Dec 2010

I seem to have a problem with Radio 3 at the moment - which is too much good music!

The past year or two has been very lean in terms of the types of music that I enjoy - but that suited me, because I am not the type that can afford to sit down all day listening to music, and I found I could keep up comfortably.

But this weekend, we have had World on 3, the Jazz programmes have been brightened up, Hear and Now, Opera on 3 (Adams), BBC4 Young Musician of the Year, not to mention a new discovery for me Radio 6.

I really have to switch the Radio off sometimes and do some work!

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Oddball View Post

But this weekend, we have had World on 3, the Jazz programmes have been brightened up, Hear and Now, Opera on 3 (Adams), BBC4 Young Musician of the Year, not to mention a new discovery for me Radio 6.

I really have to switch the Radio off sometimes and do some work!
            Know what you mean Obi - A particularly good couple of weeks with live Max, an excellent Wo3 with oilrig, a terrific WR last Sunday and I've been enjoying the delights of 6 today with John Cooper Clarke and Cerys - there's a couple I want to have another listen to. Got away with it today as there was no gardening cos the weather was really pants!
            Last edited by johncorrigan; 13-05-12, 21:01. Reason: always an excuse!

Comment

Working...
            X