Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

John,
    I've no idea how far ahead, on average, AK's Radio 3 shows were recorded, but I don't think any of them were actually live.
    This was though, from Bill Mac.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Great photos in there Paul.

Comment

• Martin Reynolds

When I worked at Flame FM on Wirral, everything was scripted and pre-recorded. The station manager thought it made for better quality programmes. I would spend hours sat at a computer piecing everything together. Now I'm at the Cat I just sit down and get on with it, mistakes and all. It's more fun for me and I think that communicates to the listener.

Comment

• Martin Reynolds

Half way through listening to Bill Mac's tribute. It's in chronological order roughly. Just up to Trout. Awesome stuff.

Comment

• Oliver Postgate

OP remembers the Capitan

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
            Sad news indeed
            I'm reminded of the drummer from the Magic Band in a documentary about the making of Trout Mask Replica
            "we always thought Frank was weird, but Don was the real thing"
            Said the mama to the baby in the corn...he was our very first born, one of a kind. Saw him a few times in the seventies...matchless, and so very african except for the sublime lyrics.
            Mirror Man, Mirror Me

Comment

• axolotl

a reminiscence from one of the magic band http://blog.beefheart.com/2010/12/jo...van-vliet.html

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

axolotl,
                A fine find, thanks for it.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

I want this to be true - Tom Morton one of Radio Scotland's presenters said this afternoon that U2's Bono had contacted the Captain to ask about doing a collaboration. Apparently the reply came back 'Dear Bongo, No!'

Comment

Working...
                  X