• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Globaltruth
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Another quiz

ok, how many of these have you heard? (you will, of course, remember we had a competition once before at about this time of year)

(by the way pretty good value at two quid - and I'm in no way connected with them)

I scored 4 out of 30, and of those I have seen 2 live.
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    ok, how many of these have you heard? (you will, of course, remember we had a competition once before at about this time of year)

(by the way pretty good value at two quid - and I'm in no way connected with them)

I scored 4 out of 30, and of those I have seen 2 live.
    Thanks for that Global. I think I've heard of 3 and apart from Maggie (I like her) and Bob don't think I've heard the tracks. Good to see a Toure in there but no Diabate to speak of. I look forward to having a listen.

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Then once it's been listened too, I guess we answer the questions:

How many of these are you glad you listened to?

How many of these will you ever listen to again....

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Are we talking artists? Slightly more probably. Yours must be too.

But some of the names read a bit weirdly. I assume Mory Kant is Mory Kante (?) and Mamane Barka was known as Malam Mamane Barka when I saw him at Womad.

Have seen Bob Brozman (with Takashi Hirayasu) - I have, and like, the Jin Jin cd - and Etran Finatawa (I have also seen Toumast live but sadly not Tinariwen).

Know Hanggai of course.

I have stumbled into a small number on Spotify - certainly Samba Toure and Daby Balde. Maggie Macinnes crops up I think. Probably a small number of the others. It gets a bit vague then.

(JC - I hope your part of the world is now settling after the storm. Heard on the radio that many were stuck overnight in Edinburgh when it happened because they closed the bridge).
        Last edited by Guest; 10-12-11, 09:15. Reason: But if it's a caption quiz: "With a little bit more practice, I reckon we could get on Bullseye"

Comment

Working...
        X