X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeemporium
    • Sep 2024

Lebanese Music of the late 1970s/early 80s

Hi, I am a collector and dealer in rare vinyl records.
    I am selling a load of rare Lebanese vinyl, all in excellent or better condition.
    Please check out my [URL removed] ebay shop below:

[url - removed]

PEACE

Ze Emporium
    Last edited by french frank; 25-11-11, 11:18. Reason: Commercial advertising
  • Paul Sherratt

Ze,

Do you know how I could acquire a ' Tony Hanna ' moustache ?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

I was asked to rule on whether the OP was advertising of the kind that would be, in general, unwelcome.

We have had one or two 'advertisers' lately and I am taking the view that advertisers who operate a business on a commercial basis and stand to gain personally from any sales should not be allowed to post details of items for sale. Nor should they be allowed to communicate with members individually. Therefore, the sales details have been removed here.

Also, for the future, members are asked to report any attempts to advertise by the 'back door'. Any member advertising in this way will have his/her account closed.

Recently, we offered encouragement to a school choir in Wales which had made a single CD. Of course, choral singing at our schools is very much to be encouraged and the sale of the CD will encourage both the children and the school. Not, in my view, the same situation.

In accepting that and similar 'advertisements' I didn't want the forum to be treated as a convenient marketplace, even for products that are of interest to members.

With apologies to zeemporium ...
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• zeemporium

oh it takes years of practise, and alot of grease. preferably lebanese grease...

Comment

• zeemporium

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I was asked to rule on whether the OP was advertising of the kind that would be, in general, unwelcome.

We have had one or two 'advertisers' lately and I am taking the view that advertisers who operate a business on a commercial basis and stand to gain personally from any sales should not be allowed to post details of items for sale. Nor should they be allowed to communicate with members individually. Therefore, the sales details have been removed here.

Also, for the future, members are asked to report any attempts to advertise by the 'back door'. Any member advertising in this way will have his/her account closed.

Recently, we offered encouragement to a school choir in Wales which had made a single CD. Of course, choral singing at our schools is very much to be encouraged and the sale of the CD will encourage both the children and the school. Not, in my view, the same situation.

In accepting that and similar 'advertisements' I didn't want the forum to be treated as a convenient marketplace, even for products that are of interest to members.

With apologies to zeemporium ...
          Hi all, sorry about this, was trying to drum up some interest. I shall not post in this way again.
          Ze Emporium

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zeemporium View Post
            Hi all, sorry about this, was trying to drum up some interest. I shall not post in this way again.
            Ze Emporium
            No problem - be interested if you could post some links to music that resembled the title of this thread. Mustaches not obligatory...and, despite this pic, nor are beards. Or dead animals on the head.

On the other hand...
            Last edited by Globaltruth; 19-03-12, 15:32. Reason: there is a worrying similarity about the eyes between those 2

Comment

Working...
            X