Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Not enough EB in the series and too much ER zola - I loved watching that Nollaig Casey, especially during the crackin' Donal Lunny song - I thought she was going to have someone's eye out with that bow of hers. Also really enjoyed the Gaelic song.

Comment

• zola
      • May 2011

BBC4 are repeating an earlier series ( the one with Emmylou Harris, was that the first ? ) starting tonight at seven thirty.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zola View Post
        BBC4 are repeating an earlier series ( the one with Emmylou Harris, was that the first ? ) starting tonight at seven thirty.
        Series 3 it says zola and if it is then I think this one may well turn up - I love it!
        Joan Osborne - vocalsDonal Lunny - BouzoukiJerry Douglas - Slide
        Last edited by johncorrigan; 09-12-11, 18:29. Reason: really should shove the link in before going any further!

Comment

• zola
          • May 2011

If it is series 3, then that is my favourite, the one with Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott. But Radio Times says tonight has Emmylou and Mary Black and they were not in series 3. Whichever it is it will make good viewing.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zola View Post
            If it is series 3, then that is my favourite, the one with Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott. But Radio Times says tonight has Emmylou and Mary Black and they were not in series 3. Whichever it is it will make good viewing.
            Series 3 it is z......and apart from the aforementioned St Theresa, the highlight for me was that instrumental by Russ Barenberg - The Drummers of England - beautiful playing and Aly Bain at his best with some beautifully subdued fiddle - great show.
            Folk music session featuring Paul Brady, Karen Matheson and Joan Osborne.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

New season coming on 4

I see they're running the most recent TS, broadcast on beeb 2 Scotland last year starting tonight on 4. Great bit of Eric Bibb to kick off.
              With Phil Cunningham, Donal Lunny, Danny Thompson, Alison Krauss and many more.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Yes, wonder if they think it counts as part of the 'Jass Weekend'. sniff.

wonder when they'll have a World Music weekend...

I was trying to find a picture of hell freezing over, this is the closest I could find

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                  I was trying to find a picture of hell freezing over, this is the closest I could find

Comment

Working...
                  X