Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

Global,
    I don't mind being introduced to a bit of ancient now and again but the tiny grumpy man in me was getting rather tired of it usually being that Tallis man or some Byrd song.
    Mind you I think there's been less of late. Can't abide things becoming a staple unless it's Pops.

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      Global,
      I don't mind being introduced to a bit of ancient now and again but the tiny grumpy man in me was getting rather tired of it usually being that Tallis man or some Byrd song.
      Mind you I think there's been less of late. Can't abide things becoming a staple unless it's Pops.
      then there was the Janacek phase they had....bring back David Sylvain say I.
      Or Susanna & her magic orch.

they stopped the nights being barren ...

Had a look around youtube and did not see this classic clip. Hope you enjoy Phil. Best John

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Well there's enough out there to phase out any phases ...

Nice film you have to be good to do that kind of thing. That Freddie, dead now, used to live up the road.
        And a friend used to be an Austin Lounge Lizard - ever come across them ?

(At a gig he once dedicated a song to ' Townes ' to warm appreciation from the audience. They didn't know it was actually for our dog
        who, with us, was watching from the back of the tent ! )

Comment

• Globaltruth
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for the chain saw Earth Machine piece Fiona. There could be one or two recordings of me operating a small (non-Philips obv.) screwdriver - better remix with funky organ & a driving backbeat, editing out the swearing & shouting perhaps in order to get a play on LJ. Oh and maybe add something a bit 'esoteric' like the sound of leaves blowing along a deserted beach & swirling round the dessicated limbs of an extinct amphibian eh what Paul?
          Last edited by Globaltruth; 01-11-13, 10:38. Reason: That auto correct plays havoc simetomes

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
            t.....
            Or Susanna & her magic orch.

And, LO, FT made it so.

00:23

Susanna Wallumrød Hangout

Performer: Ensemble neoN.

The Forester, SusannaSonata, 2