FT on LJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

Pity JC isn't around to make a TOTP appearance ( if it still exists ? )
    John Cage performs "Water Walk" in a game show in the late 1950s (?)

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

FT on Tues strongly recommended.

Although I could have managed without the Pink Floyd tracks thanks, but hey, nothing's perfect.

She has clearly been listening to the FoR3 Xmas 1001 playlist.

I could hear the influences of PS - Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys featuring Charlie Sizemore — Whiskey and Wine
      JC & McG - The Incredible String Band — Chinese White (will your magic Christmas tree be shining)
      GT - Sufjan Stevens — The Friendly Beasts
      and
      Lat all over the place (in a good way Lat, in a good way)

Anyway random trivia (with an Xmas theme of course) for the day is...

which dub giant is mentioned during the classic Nativity performance of 'While Shepherds...'?

Well, I'm sure I quite clearly heard the school sing:

"Fear not," he said,
      For Mikey dread
      Had seized their troubled minds
      Yay, big up to the Lion of Zion. Boomkatcha.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Listened to some of that FT- LJ in the car. 'Hint of Ralph' wasn't it, that particular Stanley Bros item..
        Now the poor old late-nighters don't stand a chance of not chancing on one of the 1001 seasonal items do they.
        But I bet none of them will surface at those other BBC radio networks

How's the leg ?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Excellent Global yes. I have been moving around a lot to say hello and stepping back a bit on here to let in more people. Then I couldn't hold back any longer and went crackers over the new releases thing. Hope it will get some comment on likes and dislikes.

Mikey Dread was close to the Clash and also on the Sandinista Project cd with a lot of different artists. It's the Blizzard of 78 one and not any of the ones on my playlists. I don't like "the Floyd" either but that LJ sounds good overall.

I hope the ankle is better. Terrible time of the year for it to happen. I've been wanting to put this link on here for you as I like it and it is meant in good spirit. Lat.

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Yes I liked it, thanks, it reminded me of Tolstoy's story...here's a nice version which makes the same sort of point in a couple of minutes with some charming vinyl clicks added as a bonus...but not as neatly perhaps.

and sadly the ankle is not recovered but I have developed a fascinating limp and am on the look out for a swordstick as an alternative to the current shillelagh.

anyway back to the more important music

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, good - the guy who did that went on to do the Hello Seahorse vid.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Don't forget FT is back on LJ.

Kicking off with some Siamese psychedelia. Hopefully been talking to Oilrig...

'Saknatee Srichiangmai — Nom samai mai
                The Sound of Siam – Leftfield Luk-thung, Jazz & Malam in Thailand 1964-1975, Soundway Records SNDWCD027'

Yikes it's on Spotty

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Grab it while it's hot. I've a feeling things will start evaporating on the spot, soon.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Only if people get too greedy re royalties.
                    I've got it on my list to check out their competition...the fact that they've got competition means the model should be here to stay.

I've just been playing one of my grand-daughters (10 months) some Roy Rogers as part of her bed time ritual. Worked a treat...(fingers crossed). There's more to him than meets the eye (ear) isn't there ?

Completely off thread, but hey HO

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Nice picture there Global. Paul - Your comments. Spotty or also LJ? Sounded a bit.........ominous.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Spotty.
                        There's lot's of stuff on there courtesy of labels hoping for a little more income in these more than challenging times.
                        I supect that they are getting very, very little from the site and will start taking their bats home.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, sure. It would be a real pity. Nice new picture. Is it a llama?

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

It is a llama. One that surprised us a couple of years back in a field just outside St Just.
                            They seem to get everywhere !

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Obviously they are not startled by the helicopter then? I like St Just. Stayed at a nice pub which had Christmas lights, foliage and live music. St Ives is good too.

What I really like about that coast is the combination of the spectacular natural scenery and the remains of the tin mines. Can be very dramatic against the sky. The Geevor mine is great. For another coastal/mining combination, the Cleveland Way - jet black rock not far from Robin Hoods Bay.

Anyway, uncharacteristically I digress.
                              Last edited by Guest; 14-01-11, 21:48.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

I'm fond of St Just as well. Those scurrilous comments about everyone in the town being related are a little unfair .. St Ives is wonderful and the north coast road is, as you say, spectacular. The Tinners Arms, Zennor, a good place to rest up too ...

Comment

Working...
                                X