Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenilex
    • Nov 2010

Must get round to visiting Louvain/Leuwen.

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Lys Gauty + Django Reinhardt
      Lys Gauty (1900-1994) enregistrée en 1943. Paroles de Francis Blanche (1921-1974) et musique de Django Reinhardt (1910-1953).

Just Django
      Jazz guitar genius Django Reinhardt with the Quintette du Hot Club de France for the 1937 recording of "The Sheik of Araby".

Comment

• Alain Maréchal
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
        Must get round to visiting Louvain/Leuwen.
        Beer Central! Anything Medieval dates from the 20th Century - much suffering.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alain Maréchal View Post
          For some, but by no means all, of the journey it runs along the dunes and is not to be missed. I have never been to Lee on Solent, but Knokke-Heist is chic and rather costly. De Haan is pretty but over-manicured and the resort of wealthy Germans. I can never resist pointing out that their fathers twice discovered how easy it was to reach the coast in the last century.

Furnes = Veurne and for many years was the destination of British "boozecruisers" seeking cheap cigarettes (the tobacco tariffs in Belgium were, still are, much lower than in France). It may still be the case. I remember a shop about 100 metres from the border.
          Lee on Solent is lovely......

Sadly we must have missed the part of the tram ride that goes through the lovely dunes.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

... while on things Belgian - nice to see that the new French Minister of Culture is... Belgian

Comment

• Alain Maréchal
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... while on things Belgian - nice to see that the new French Minister of Culture is... Belgian

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7oise_Nyssen
              But of course. Eduquer les français c'est notre metier.

Pleased to see M.Hulot is there as well.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Off we go to the French territories.
                First stop:
                Reunion Islands
                This is pure Creole music from Reunion, an Island on the Indian Ocean near Madagascar which has a reach culture as depicted here in Berlin during the Carniva...

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Sorry, GT, I missed the boat - I'm still back on dry land, but the dancehalls are all closed...looks and sounds like you're having fun...I'll catch the next bateau.
                  Damia - Depuis que les bals sont fermés
                  Buy on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1104580363Taken from Damia « 50 succès essentiels »Extrait de Damia « 50 succès essentiels »Production: | Ma...

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Lamomali featuring M (Matthieu Chedid) - Manitoumani - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7q5CXiwsME

Comment

• Pianorak
                      • Nov 2010

Madeleine Peyroux, French Canadian : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUvhGZ3VTFI
                      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

In among all the thrash metal and Leonard Cohen on Sunday's D.I.D., Turkish novelist played this wee French number which sounded like it had had a visit from Manu Chao

Le vent nous portera - Noir Désir
                        Noir Désir - Le vent nous portera (Clip Officiel) Retrouvez la discographie de Noir Désir, commandez et écoutez ici :https://NoirDesir.lnk.to/discographieID ...

Comment

• Globaltruth
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Claiming a first here by posting a French Weds song on a Tuesday, with lyrics by a Sligo lad (that's Friday covered then)...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now if only we can find this with a norteño backing track that's the full set!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                            Claiming a first here by posting a French Weds song on a Tuesday, with lyrics by a Sligo lad (that's Friday covered then)...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now if only we can find this with a norteño backing track that's the full set!
                            You've got me all muxxed-ip, Global...don't know whether I'm cominggoingMexiFrancais. But hey I'll throw Lucienne in there.
                            Lucienne Boyer - Parlez-Moi D'Amour [1930]presentation byR 3 T Я 8 T 8 Rfor the promotion and conservationof the arts and the general preservationof popcultu...

Comment

• Padraig
                              • Feb 2013

Our youthful corner gang de la chanson used to try this one.
                              I'll settle for this:

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                                Our youthful corner gang de la chanson used to try this one.
                                I'll settle for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm3J...layer_embedded
                                Magnifique!

Comment

Working...
                                X