X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Only just seen this one - it is a beautiful album - June’s voice and great piano from Huw Warren.
    Thanks. Not heard before. I was reminded of a favourite June Tabor album, Rosa Mundi, on which Huw Warren also plays. The track, Paint me, Redouté also has strong French connections. Redouté published a famous book of flower paintings. He painted roses for Marie Josèphe Rose Tascher de La Pagerie (aka Joséphine), whose second husband was Napoleon Bonaparte. The album notes explain that she created the first modern rose garden at their house in Malmaison. YouTube.

On a French theme, the album also has a lovely rendition of Roses of Picardy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBIXiKVRDWc

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Soon be wednesday.

On Saturday Elizabeth Alker played a couple of tracks by Françis Lemarque.
      He's been under represented in this quiet corner to date, so here is a jolly track from him.
      You may think it's a load of cobblers....
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

just for contrast here is the American version by the Gaylords:
      (Based on the French Song "Le Petit Cordonnier"..Written by Rudi Revil)......Original French Lyrics by Francis Lemarque (as Nathan Korb),English Lyrics by Ge...

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

I hadn't heard this rather lovely song by France Gall until former Arsenal Footie manager Arsene Wenger took it to his desert island - 'Evidement'

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Melancholy French Wednesday to all!

Comment

• Padraig
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          I hadn't heard this rather lovely song by France Gall until former Arsenal Footie manager Arsene Wenger took it to his desert island - 'Evidement'

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Melancholy French Wednesday to all!
          Assez magnifique Jean! Lovely arrangement, beautiful chords - I always feel a thump from a Vc 1b - if my ears don't deceive me - and a very good singer. I'll have to check all the words though, they sound deep-ish.

I don't think we've had Edith in this next song - one of my all time favourites going back to my teenage years, when our gang attempted part singing by ear. Ah, but were we 'appy. Oh yes we were.

Édith Piaf (French: [eˈdit pjaf]; 19 December 1915 – 10 October 1963; married name Édith Lamboukas, previously Pills, née Gassion) was a French cabaret singe...

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
            Assez magnifique Jean! Lovely arrangement, beautiful chords - I always feel a thump from a Vc 1b - if my ears don't deceive me - and a very good singer. I'll have to check all the words though, they sound deep-ish.
            There's an official clip of it, Padraig, which tells a wee story.
            Précommandez le nouveau Best Of de France Gall (avec une chanson inédite ‘La Prisonnière’ enregistrée en 1974) à paraître le 8 novembre : https://francegall....

I don't think we've had Edith in this next song - one of my all time favourites going back to my teenage years, when our gang attempted part singing by ear. Ah, but were we 'appy. Oh yes we were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVuKLxx-ETY
            Gets you every time, Padraig. However for years I thought this was the original.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Globaltruth
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Couldnt be anything else really

Watch John Stamos perform " Les Poissons" on The Little Mermaid Live! on ABC.Subscribe: http://goo.gl/mo7HqT

(actually JC - is that you singing lead?)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                Couldnt be anything else really

Watch John Stamos perform " Les Poissons" on The Little Mermaid Live! on ABC.Subscribe: http://goo.gl/mo7HqT

(actually JC - is that you singing lead?)
                Loved it. Good to see the early arrival of Mr Claws, Global. Not me, sadly; the old mousers a bit greyer these days.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Before you sit down to the Christmas Gumbo, have a swing round the living room to Jo-El Sonnier in this essential Christmas classic.
                  Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupJingle Bells · Jo-El SonnierCajun Christmas℗ 2002 Green Hill ProductionsReleased on: 2002-01-01Producer: Craig Du...

Comment

• Padraig
                    • Feb 2013

It's not French, or Wednesday, but it's Christmas and time for a present for Global before it's too late. I gather that he enjoys a bit of angling, and I can't think of a better place for it than Lough Corrib. I have selected Part 2 of the video because I think it captures the spirit of the water, of the angler, and the beauty of the lake. I'm lucky to have been there many times. Happy Christmas Global, John and any who dap here.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

It's not French, or Wednesday, but it's Christmas and time for a present for Global before it's too late. I gather that he enjoys a bit of angling, and I can't think of a better place for it than Lough Corrib. I have selected Part 2 of the video because I think it captures the spirit of the water, of the angler, and the beauty of the lake. I'm lucky to have been there many times. Happy Christmas Global, John and any who dap here.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq4JVtcu1tM
                      Thank you Padraig - much appreciated. You won't be surprised to know I have visited Oughterard a couple of times. Never managed to organise the fishing on Corrib though - would still love to go.
                      I have had some wonderful angling adventures in Eire though of which more perhaps another time.
                      invariably they had a different angle (ahem) reinforcing the old saying "it's called fishing not catching." Although, on occasion, plenty of fish were also caught.
                      thanks again.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

We were watching the very entertaining 'The Queen's Gambit' this last week. It's got a fine collection of tunes in there. This one jumped out at me - I hadn't heard 'Tut Tut Tut Tut' before nor heard of Gillian Hills, but this is a fine piece of sixties' French pop, I thought, for the initial French Wednesday of '21. Bonne Année !

"Tut Tut Tut Tut" from Gillian HillsOfficial Music VideoConnect with Gillian Hills: https://ffm.bio/y89e2gb

Comment

• Globaltruth
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Just a street performer knocking out some standard blues riffs outside the Pompidou Centre...

Woilem - French Blues Guitarist currently in Paris can be caught performing on the plato in front of Centre George PompidouParis, May 9, 2013Woilem - França...

one day...

Comment

• Padraig
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                            Just a street performer knocking out some standard blues riffs outside the Pompidou Centre...

Woilem - French Blues Guitarist currently in Paris can be caught performing on the plato in front of Centre George PompidouParis, May 9, 2013Woilem - França...

one day...
                            I'll see you G and I'll raise you a fiddle, an accordion, 2 guitars, 1 sax, 1 trombone, a lead singer, several adults, 1 baby, all singing and dancing in a cloister - in a cluster too!

Versions sous-titrées (icône paramètres - sous-titres) : FrançaisAnglais (with English subtitles)Allemand (mit Deutschen Untertiteln)Italien (con sottotitoli...

Comment

• Globaltruth
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

I'll see you G and I'll raise you a fiddle, an accordion, 2 guitars, 1 sax, 1 trombone, a lead singer, several adults, 1 baby, all singing and dancing in a cloister - in a cluster too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBEMRyt6Qg
                              Padraig - you win. Superb.
                              We need more cheery stuff at the moment I reckon....

(thanks)

Comment

• Globaltruth
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Django Reinhardt (Musical Artist), django reinhardt minor swing, django reinhardt i'll see you in my dreams, django reinhardt full album, django reinhardt nuages, django reinhardt honeysuckle rose, django reinhardt la mer, django reinhardt documentary, django reinhardt stephane grappelli, django reinhardt brazil, django reinhardt cover, jazz music, jazzy, jazz instrumental, jazz piano, jazz guitar, jazz cartier, jazz dance, jazz playlist

Comment

Working...
                                X