X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Reynolds
    • Sep 2024

R3 Needs AK

My isn't this quite the quiet corner. Any news when Andy Kershaw is going to make his considerable presence felt again? Maybe he's waiting for the publicity rounds for when his book is published. I expect searing honesty with a good dose of humour FF and PS. I hope I'm not wrong.
  • Paul Sherratt

Back on Aire.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

And whatever happened to Verity Sharpe?

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

She's back on air.

See below

Verity Sharp's selection includes Leszek Mozdzer, plus Cahalen Morrison and Ely West.

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Huzza!
          My fave presenter.

Has she been ill?

Comment

• hackneyvi

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
            Aside: That's an old photo, isn't it? Interesting to see that he clearly wasn't sleeping well even then.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Draco,

Ill ?

I don't think so. Just took a break.

hackneyvi,

How did/do/will you sleep as a twenty-two year old ?

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Amazing LJ last night. Staggering virtuosity and the rhythmic complexity.........wow!

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

LJ, last night ?
                  Draco what did you have to accompany your meal ?
                  Please let me know asap.

'Twas jolly good* though, I'd agree !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

* Understated comment

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Aruna Sairam. Yes, sorry, I thought that was LJ when I tuned in.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-06-11, 00:16.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

James Whale was on Aire during the miners' strike. Has the Aire improved at all?

Comment

• Globaltruth
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

r3 doesn't need AK...

...not when you've got self-proclaimed King of the BBC, LSP, baptising Lucy ..

Great interview with Adrian Sherwood followed by King LSP demonstrating why he is inimitable - even though his voice has clearly gone and he now purely operates at stream-of-consciousness level. More interviews like this pls.
                        Shame that the dub sound engineering seemed to fade after the first track.

But viva r3 for the courage to broadcast a little mix of Handel, Knussen, Beethoven, Brahms, Max Romeo, Lee Scratch Perry & Jon Hiseman :cool2:

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Did you catch any of DJ LSP's programmes on Beeb6 a few months back ?

That Brighton Fest always throws up too many choices - I was a few miles away in Firle when
                          the great swiss cheese was playing. Not many years ago it was a choice between Patti Smith playing Firle in a tent
                          and Tom Brosseau's first UK date - at the Brighton do. Tom won out ..

PS. That R3 pic's a bit gruesome ....

Patti S in the tent

Comment

• Globaltruth
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                            Did you catch any of DJ LSP's programmes on Beeb6 a few months back ?

That Brighton Fest always throws up too many choices - I was a few miles away in Firle when
                            the great swiss cheese was playing. Not many years ago it was a choice between Patti Smith playing Firle in a tent
                            and Tom Brosseau's first UK date - at the Brighton do. Tom won out ..

PS. That R3 pic's a bit gruesome ....

Patti S in the tent
                            http://www.postmodern.com/~fi/pattip...s/farm-016.jpg
                            When we lived in Brighton we used to miss most of the mainstream fest ON PURPOSE!

I like LSP's look in the pic - he has almost disappeared under post-modern bling.

(thanks for Douglas Byng btw I wonder what Maxy R would think...)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Here's Mr 'Scratch' Perry doing Q&A in the weekend Guardian as only he could. What a delightful surprise from them usual suspects - I didn't know whether to feel sorry for the cat or the bird.
                              'The last time I had a spliff it knocked me out for a day, a night and another day'

Comment

Working...
                              X