• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LezLee
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    'Theme Time Device Hour just doesn't sound the same!'
    I have a DAB radio in the living-room plus one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. I also have FM as part of my hi-fi, and my old radio/cassette-player.
    So the answer is 'yes'!

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
      I have a DAB radio in the living-room plus one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. I also have FM as part of my hi-fi, and my old radio/cassette-player.
      So the answer is 'yes'!
      Tell Bob!

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
        Tell Bob!

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

I still use radios. Digital tuner/streamer in living room includes DAB and VHF, also kitchen, bedroom (Roberts streamer) and garage. Our car is old-fashioned enough to have a radio with only VHF, MW, and Long Wave. It can also play music from an SD card.

Comment

• Jazzrook
            • Mar 2011

Bob Dylan's tribute to George Jackson(1941-71) author of 'Soledad Brother, recorded in New York on November 4, 1971:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
              Bob Dylan's tribute to George Jackson(1941-71) author of 'Soledad Brother, recorded in New York on November 4, 1971:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR
              Sadly unavailable suddenly, JR.

Comment

• Jazzrook
                • Mar 2011

'Love Minus Zero/No Limit' in Madison Square Garden, New York in 1971:

JR

Comment

• Jazzrook
                  • Mar 2011

Bob Dylan with Scarlet Rivera playing 'Isis', Rolling Thunder Revue in 1976:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

JR
                  Last edited by Jazzrook; 25-12-20, 18:38.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Bob Dylan with Scarlet Rivera playing 'Isis', Rolling Thunder Revue in 1976:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

JR
                    Thanks, Jazzrook...that really got the juices flowing this morning. He's always had a fine line in headgear, don't you think - and what more appropriate song could there be from 'Desire' on Boxing Day with a storm on the way?

Comment

• Jazzrook
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                      Thanks, Jazzrook...that really got the juices flowing this morning. He's always had a fine line in headgear, don't you think - and what more appropriate song could there be from 'Desire' on Boxing Day with a storm on the way?
                      Another fine hat, another great performance, Rolling Thunder Revue, 1975:

This is a very special upload. This was recorded on December 8, 1975, the final night of the first leg of the Rolling Thunder Revue. The next tour date was J...

JR

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Another fine hat, another great performance, Rolling Thunder Revue, 1975:

This is a very special upload. This was recorded on December 8, 1975, the final night of the first leg of the Rolling Thunder Revue. The next tour date was J...

JR
                        Love the way the girl breaks down as the lights go up. Fantastic version of 'Sara' there, JR.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Five years this weekend since Bowie's death - doesn't time fly - but here's Dave doing Bob in a rather dramatic take on 'Trying to Get to Heaven'. I kinda liked it, though not as good as Bob's version, of course.
                          From the 90's disc of the Deluxe unofficial Boxset of rarities David Bowie - C'est La Vie - The Ultimate Rare Tracks I 1964/2013.Bowie, Reeves Gabrels and Ma...

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks for Bowie clip. Somewhat randomly, I found myself listening to Street Legal yesterday. Inside the CD case was a ticket to the 1978 Earls Court concert (£7.50) and a copy of the play list. I must have transferred these items from inside the LP sleeve. Not sure if this is of interest to anyone else but what leapt out at me amid all the very familiar songs on the set list was the No. 2, "Love Her With A Feeling", which I couldn't remember and still meant nothing to me. It turns out to be a pretty good blues track from Freddie King. (On YouTube).

He performed it on the 1978 tour but never again and I found no reference to it in any of my numerous Dylan books. He doesn't seem to have recorded it but I found a clip from the gig.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                              Thanks for Bowie clip. Somewhat randomly, I found myself listening to Street Legal yesterday. Inside the CD case was a ticket to the 1978 Earls Court concert (£7.50) and a copy of the play list. I must have transferred these items from inside the LP sleeve. Not sure if this is of interest to anyone else but what leapt out at me amid all the very familiar songs on the set list was the No. 2, "Love Her With A Feeling", which I couldn't remember and still meant nothing to me. It turns out to be a pretty good blues track from Freddie King. (On YouTube).

He performed it on the 1978 tour but never again and I found no reference to it in any of my numerous Dylan books. He doesn't seem to have recorded it but I found a clip from the gig.
                              Thanks, gurney. Would have liked to hear a clean version of that. Bob was definitely giving it with a feeling there. The Freddie King version is crackin'. Looking at the playlist, I really enjoyed being reminded of 'Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)', which he apparently may have written with Harry Dean Stanton in mind (who knows with Bob?). Must go dig out 'Street Legal'.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Can you tell me where we're headin'?
                                Last edited by gurnemanz; 08-01-21, 18:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X