• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

them folk awards on the BBC

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Indeed JC - and probably worth a thread of its own, as there was little of a disturbing nature about it...
    Two of my less than faves did a good job, I thought. I have to say that I do like 'Molly' by Sam Lee, but more surprising was a very acceptable take on Sandy Denny's 'Who Knows' by Loudon's wee boy, Rufus. But I think the thing that struck me was the change in attitude with the open singing of an Irish Rebel song by Lynched. There was a time not long ago when such a thing would not have been acceptable, and said lots about the changed relationships within our islands.
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Two of my less than faves did a good job, I thought. I have to say that I do like 'Molly' by Sam Lee, but more surprising was a very acceptable take on Sandy Denny's 'Who Knows' by Loudon's wee boy, Rufus. But I think the thing that struck me was the change in attitude with the open singing of an Irish Rebel song by Lynched. There was a time not long ago when such a thing would not have been acceptable, and said lots about the changed relationships within our islands.
    Lynched are at Wickham this year, looking forward to hearing them. They come highly recommended.

Didnt know they were troublemakers though.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      .... but more surprising was a very acceptable take on Sandy Denny's 'Who Knows' by Loudon's wee boy, Rufus.
      Can't imagine him doing anything other than murdering it - Only Judy Collins has ever managed anything close to the Unhalfbricking original.

On the Folk Awards I really like Kathryn Roberts.
      Last edited by cloughie; 28-04-16, 20:02.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Can't imagine him doing anything other than murdering it - Only Judy Collins has ever managed anything close to the Unhalfbricking original.

On the Folk Awards I really like Kathryn Roberts.
        Well he wasn't Judy Blue Eyes or Sandy D, but I did think he managed a no bad job at all, cloughie...but it is such an epic song really. And I like Kathryn Roberts too.

Comment

Working...
        X