X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Lee 'Scratch' Perry 80

Just heard that it's the timeless Mr Scratch's 80th today. Time for a tune Music lovers.
    Upsetters featuring Tommy McCook, in my opinion one of the best reggae instrumentals ever!
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Just heard that it's the timeless Mr Scratch's 80th today. Time for a tune Music lovers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzc4L5IxdxA
    When I saw your post, JC, I wasn't anticipating celebratory news so what a delight. He has done amazingly well, I think, given his individuality and in some ways it is a surprise that he is only 80. His career has been so lengthy. Excellent track on that link and my mind turned to U-Roy who has also continued to release records. It turns out he is only 73.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
      When I saw your post, JC, I wasn't anticipating celebratory news so what a delight. He has done amazingly well, I think, given his individuality and in some ways it is a surprise that he is only 80. His career has been so lengthy. Excellent track on that link and my mind turned to U-Roy who has also continued to release records. It turns out he is only 73.
      Sorry for the confusion, Lat. I just thought we should celebrate these icons while they're still around. Wonder what his birthday party'll be like.
      Track: Having a PartyArtist: Lee "Scratch" PerryAlbum: Scratch Came Scratch Saw Scratch ConqueredYear: 2008http://grisefet.blogspot.com

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Sorry for the confusion, Lat. I just thought we should celebrate these icons while they're still around. Wonder what his birthday party'll be like.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bka2OuAVELQ
        Saw Dervish at Wickham a couple of years ago, and most excellent they were too.
        Anyway,Cathy the singer said that the highlight of one particular year was when the band were invited to play at Bob Dylan's Birthday party.
        Although,as she explained,the excitement subsided a little when it was pointed out that the great man wouldn't actually be attending !,

Well I Lolled ,,anyway.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Saw Dervish at Wickham a couple of years ago, and most excellent they were too.
          Anyway,Cathy the singer said that the highlight of one particular year was when the band were invited to play at Bob Dylan's Birthday party.
          Although,as she explained,the excitement subsided a little when it was pointed out that the great man wouldn't actually be attending !,

Well I Lolled ,,anyway.

...and I imagine you've been lolling away for the last couple of hours too, sainty.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

...and I imagine you've been lolling away for the last couple of hours too, sainty.
            lolling isn't a big enough word for the reaction of Saints fans to todays events, JC.

Good one to be at. must say, I had a bit of a rant in the first half though.......

Better watch what I say though, as it was a forum derby.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              lolling isn't a big enough word for the reaction of Saints fans to todays events, JC.

Good one to be at. must say, I had a bit of a rant in the first half though.......

Better watch what I say though, as it was a forum derby.
              Probably safe from Jayne around these parts while you await Rob posting the scores on the doors, ts. A triple Saint weekend...doesn't happen too often...that's Holy Week for you...and Scratch's 80th.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Probably safe from Jayne around these parts while you await Rob posting the scores on the doors, ts. A triple Saint weekend...doesn't happen too often...that's Holy Week for you...and Scratch's 80th.
                Great choice of song for the great mans birthday.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

The pioneer of dub turned 80 on Sunday – here he reminisces about Bob Marley, Haile Selassie and laying off weed (temporarily)

A couple of obscurities...

BUY FROM iTUNES NOW - http://bit.ly/theorbgoldencloudsGolden Clouds is the first single taken from the brand new album The Orb featuring Lee Scratch Perry pr...

and a favourite

Comment

Working...
                  X