X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

R.i.p. Bb

http://www.bbking.com/Quotes"Water from the white fountain didn't taste any better than from the black fountain."-- B. B. King Born on September 16, 1925, in...
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    RIP BB - how much white boy blues did he influence? A recording career of 65 years.

Comment

• jean
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Me too!

Comment

• zola
        • May 2011

Shook his hand once at the Albert Hall when he was doing his "greeting the first few rows" schtick. Pretty much at the height of his powers then which must have been 1968, since the support act was the original four piece Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. It was shortly afterwards BB made the statement that Peter Green was the only one who made him sweat competition wise. Saw BB a couple of times in later years when he was more or less going through the motions but he had earned the right to do that. As Eric Clapton has said today, this music is pretty much a thing of the past now but there is a recorded legacy.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Oh dear. Two threads already on the same topic.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
            • Dec 2010

Apologies, I hadn't noticed this earlier thread. Feel free to delete mine in the Jazz section. I can't see how to do this.

Bluesnik.

"Woke up this morning BB King was deadz, an' on the 3 board he already got two threadz". John Lee Poster.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

He was in that small group of musicians who you rightly know is really important, before you know why.

RIP

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post

"Woke up this morning BB King was deadz, an' on the 3 board he already got two threadz". John Lee Poster.
                Not only that BR but they even stopped the presses to put him into Last Word this afternoon.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Not unsurprisingly perhaps, but delightful nonetheless, that Paul Jones dedicated his R'n'B show to BB this evening - tracks from throughout his life - terrific stuff!

...and PJ pointed towards a rerun of the Alexis Korner 'Guitar Greats' show about BB King from 1983 which is on 6 music later in the week.
                  Guitar Greats - B.B. King. Alexis Korner presents a profile of the great bluesman.

Comment

Working...
                  X