• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Globaltruth
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Radio 3 World Music Archive

http://bbc.in/1z7gIRB - the Radio 3 World Music Archive
    Clips and programmes are still being added to this resource, which gets a regular plug in the Controllers Newsletter as a sop to the pretence that r3 is actually committed to WM - even though in reality they only broadcast 1 show a week which gets canned/chopped or diverted at the slightest opportunity.

An Example From the Archive: Dr LD in Mali

On the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade, with music from Mali.

Please post any other finds...
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    http://bbc.in/1z7gIRB - the Radio 3 World Music Archive
    Clips and programmes are still being added to this resource, which gets a regular plug in the Controllers Newsletter as a sop to the pretence that r3 is actually committed to WM - even though in reality they only broadcast 1 show a week which gets canned/chopped or diverted at the slightest opportunity.

An Example From the Archive: Dr LD in Mali

On the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade, with music from Mali.

Please post any other finds...
    Always good to get a reminder of the archive Global, and I like that you can move easily through the programmes to the bits of particular interest. As a seasonal treat, I paid a return visit to the World Routes series on Madagascar with the wonderful Justin Valli, Paddy Bush and Dr D and in particular to the fascinating spirit houses and re-burial of the ancestors. World Routes...what a loss to Rad 3.

The music's great too - a wee listen to 'Valiha' does the world of good to my soul!
    Last edited by johncorrigan; 29-12-14, 12:37.

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      Always good to get a reminder of the archive Global, and I like that you can move easily through the programmes to the bits of particular interest. As a seasonal treat, I paid a return visit to the World Routes series on Madagascar with the wonderful Justin Valli, Paddy Bush and Dr D and in particular to the fascinating spirit houses and re-burial of the ancestors. World Routes...what a loss to Rad 3.

The music's great too - a wee listen to 'Valiha' does the world of good to my soul!
      thanks JC.

Comment

Working...
      X