X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon
    • Nov 2010

Visit Abbey Road Anyone?

See here for a visit to Studio 2 and a talk on the Sound of the Studios by the authhors of "Recording the Beatles". Pricy mind you.

Last edited by Gordon; 16-02-14, 13:35. Reason: Wrong link!! see next post
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
    See here for a visit to Studio 2 and a talk on the Sound of the Studios by the authhors of "Recording the Beatles". Pricy mind you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqVuzT_D90
    I would only go there for live music. However, borrow one of Boris's bikes from one of the stands that I would imagine can't be far away from that famous pedestrian crossing, (I'm not sure what the charges are, mind), and you'll find great pleasure in cycling the roads around what architecturally is a pleasing district, together with neighbouring Regent's Park. Make the most of it while it's still accessible to us ordinary mortals, and before it's all walled off for the rich inhabitants with dogs, CCTV and uniformed sentries.

Comment

• OldTechie
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Gordon View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqVuzT_D90
      A bit of finger trouble there I think. Maybe this was it...

If they still had the kit in the picture I'd be tempted!

Comment

• Gordon
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by OldTechie View Post
        A bit of finger trouble there I think. Maybe this was it...

If they still had the kit in the picture I'd be tempted!
        YES!!! Glad you spotted that one, left in the cache after another post!! It'll mend it later.

Last time I was at AR they had some of the old stuff out on show - including an original late 50s Electrola designed stereo mixer, used live, and a couple of BTR3s. I did not see the old mono mixer shown in the fixed trailer photo though. Looks like Wally Ridley and a young Peter Bown [a great opera fan].

Comment

• amateur51

As you said Gordon, a bit pricy

Meanwhile a short totter to Boundary Road provides you with a free and wonderful art gallery ...

Always check the opening times before setting off, mind

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            As you said Gordon, a bit pricy

Meanwhile a short totter to Boundary Road provides you with a free and wonderful art gallery ...

Always check the opening times before setting off, mind

The Nevinson & co exhibition on there was the one shown at the Dulwich Gallery last year, one of the best I've had the chance to visit.

Comment

Working...
            X