X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Sound Problem from Computer

Today the sound coming from my computer speakers when I listen to anything, CDs, YouTube, internet radio etc sounds overbright and echoing terribly as if it is been recorded in a shiny new dustbin. I would be very glad of any suggestions that might remedy the situation. Maybe I’ve inadvertently touched something?
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 30-12-13, 19:15.
  • clive heath

Sounds like a loop of some kind, have you got anything connected to the "record" input?

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by clive heath View Post
      Sounds like a loop of some kind, have you got anything connected to the "record" input?
      Hello Clive, Thank you for replying. I might have if I knew where the "record" input is?

Comment

• clive heath

On a laptop it'll be the other stereo jack socket next to the one you plug earphones into, or, you might have a USB plugged into one of the USB sockets which the sound circuit is treating as an alternative input. On a floor standing computer it'll be a stereo jack socket at the rear usually in a group of two or three, but if you don't know what it is you are probably not using it so my suggestion is inappropriate, apologies !!

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Re msg 1 - what machine are you using? What playback software?

Some software has the ability to replay audio as if in different locations e.g. cave, bathroom, football stadium etc.
          Just possibly you have such and turned a feature on.

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            Re msg 1 - what machine are you using? What playback software?

Some software has the ability to replay audio as if in different locations e.g. cave, bathroom, football stadium etc.
            Just possibly you have such and turned a feature on.
            Hiya Dave2002,

Success! I'm using Realtek HD Audio manager, which seems to control all the sound on my computer. On the 'sound effects' tab the drop down menu of ‘sound environments’ I had inadvertently changed to 'cave' or 'hanger' or something like that. So I've altered it to ‘generic’ which has defaulted to ‘none’. Everything sounds alright now. Many thanks for all the suggestions, I do appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X