X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neiltingley
    • Sep 2011

qobuz ... launched in the UK kind of!

Qobuz has done a soft launch in the UK. I've been a big fan for over a year know and use their streaming service as pretty much my main source. I still think they've got the best offering online for classical and jazz my a million miles.
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

I'm a subscriber too. I use the 20 Euro a month streamed FLAC service. It's interesting that the 320k desktop service is only 5 Euros a month. That's excellent value IMHO.
    Steve

Comment

• kuligin
      • Nov 2010

Could either or both of you explain to me the advantages of Qobuz over Spotify?

I use Spotify via a Squeezebox, I assume as the latter is now discontinued I could not use it for Qobuz?

Comment

• Stunsworth
        • Nov 2010

Qobuz can allow lossless streaming - it's 16/44.1 FLAC - rather than the 320k MP3s that Spotify allows. FLAC streaming on Qobuz is the most expensive option at 20 Euros a month.

I've found that the choice of classical and jazz recordings on Qobuz to be superior to Spotify, and the presentation of the recordings is clearer IMHO. Tagging also seems a lot better than what I remember from when I used Spotify.

There does appear to be a Squeezebox plugin, but I've no idea how easy it is to set up as I stream from a Mac Mini connected to my DAC. Details here...

Steve

Comment

• kuligin
          • Nov 2010

Thank you, that is very helpful, cetainly searching on Spotify is a bit hit and miss.

I am not very clued up in these matters and am sure the plug in would be beyond me.

Comment

• johnb
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kuligin View Post
            Could either or both of you explain to me the advantages of Qobuz over Spotify?

I use Spotify via a Squeezebox, I assume as the latter is now discontinued I could not use it for Qobuz?
            Yes you could use Squeezebox for Qobuz streaming as there is a third party plug in for the Logitech Media Server. Of course that means that you need have LMS running.

There is still a very active Squeezebox community on the SlimDevices forum.

The details are here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ighlight=qobuz

[Edit] Aplogies, I see posted the same information as Stunsworth

Comment

Working...
            X