• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Techie poser - please remind me

Only for the very advanced experts

How do you enter a double-digit figure on the remote control? E.g. if I want to select track 19, and I enter 1+9 I get track 1 switching to track 9. What's the little doofer that goes between the two numbers?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Hmm. With some remote controls it's just a matter of speed. Others have a 10+ button to either press before the second digit, or prior to pressing the two digits.

Then there's good old trial and error.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Only for the very advanced experts

How do you enter a double-digit figure on the remote control? E.g. if I want to select track 19, and I enter 1+9 I get track 1 switching to track 9. What's the little doofer that goes between the two numbers?
      The manual will tell you and is probably available on-line

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Hmm. With some remote controls it's just a matter of speed. Others have a 10+ button to either press before the second digit, or prior to pressing the two digits.

Then there's good old trial and error.
        Oh, so there isn't any standard key? There only seems to be one possible. I think I had it in mind you had to press something in between the two numbers, but I'll try doing before (or werry speedily). I usually do it manually on the hi-fi.

Amsy - I consulted the booklet but trying to find the appropriate paragraph was more tiresome than I had time for last night. I think I can set the clock now, though :-)

Thanks, both.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Easy peasy. When I come back next week and say Techie poser: please remind me, you'll know the answer. As Bryn said, press the magic key first. It's marked 'SPACE ! #' above the key which would still flummox me, but on the key it has >10. Obvious really

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

With my Sirius Cybernetics hat on, "Glad to be of service".

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

good advice.
              Can somebody remind me which remote is for which gadget?

By the time the 2014 Proms begin will be fine.

Thanks.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
              X