X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Will Audirvana also do Tidal? I notice that some material I might be interested in is also on Tidal, supposedly at higher quality (than mp3). If I'm going to experiment/test these systems out I might as well get all the trials lined up. Can one have more than one streaming service linked in?
    Yes, Audirvana also handles Tidal, and both subscriptions can signed into at the same time.
    Steve

Comment

• Anastasius
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Well of course there is an abundance of classical program on Spotify, although only up to 320kbps. I dunno.... try a browse of Tidal, perhaps...?
      Trouble is they're not as classically-focussed as Qobuz.....(quality but not the program width..)...

(As I've often said just get the free trial Qobuz/Audirvana+ and see how you go.....& I just have to add: this Petrova/Odense SO/Kristina Poska album is remarkable...! Sublime...feeling a bit lazy after a very laborious week IRL, but I'll try to do a New Release thing...perhaps...alcohol permitting.. )
      I'm afraid that any streaming service that describes Beethoven as an artist is a 'fail' in my opinion...which rules out Spotify for starters.
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
        I'm afraid that any streaming service that describes Beethoven as an artist is a 'fail' in my opinion...which rules out Spotify for starters.
        Gosh... I mean...WOW....
        Your opinion of Beethoven is really ​that low...?!

Do elaborate.....I think we're all hungry for more......!

Comment

• Anastasius
          • Mar 2015

Gosh... I mean...WOW....
          Your opinion of Beethoven is really ​that low...?!

Do elaborate.....I think we're all hungry for more......!

I'm not sure if the request is tongue in cheek or not !

We've been here before..iTunes, Spotify, that wretched Brandon or whatever it was called player. All using a database that consists of songs and artists. That's it. No composer data field. No conductor data field. You get my drift.

As if we'd ever want to listen specifically to The Apostles conducted by Richard Hickox with the London Symphony Orchestra and no other.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post

I'm not sure if the request is tongue in cheek or not !

We've been here before..iTunes, Spotify, that wretched Brandon or whatever it was called player. All using a database that consists of songs and artists. That's it. No composer data field. No conductor data field. You get my drift.

As if we'd ever want to listen specifically to The Apostles conducted by Richard Hickox with the London Symphony Orchestra and no other.

Well, Qobuz on Audirvana+ would do everything you could wish (find Hickox or Apostles or LSO, etc.....I searched "Hickox Apostles" & found it instantly) and more.... but never mind...

And it's not alone in that respect nowadays...

Comment

• Anastasius
              • Mar 2015

Well, Qobuz on Audirvana+ would do everything you could wish (find Hickox or Apostles or LSO, etc.....I searched "Hickox Apostles" & found it instantly) and more.... but never mind...

And it's not alone in that respect nowadays...
              Thanks, Jayne. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
              X