X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Using remote control apps such as Touch Portal or Stream Deck

I've been trying to use a couple of external control apps with my iPad - in particular Touch Portal and Stream Deck Mobile.

Of the two at least I can get some functionality with Touch Portal, though it's very limited. I'd like to unlock the version which has more buttons, then configure them.
    There seems to be a glitch in the App store - which recognises I've reserved and "paid for" the app, but has marked it as Pending. I'm not going to authorise payment again - surely it should either make the request for payment and then work, or alternatively refuse it and clear everything down.

The Stream Deck Mobile app seems useless. I have versions on my iPad and on the iMac, but basically they don't talk to each other. This at least was something I succeeded with for Touch Portal.
    On my iPad Pro the app tells me to point the camera at a QR code set up by the equivalent program running on the iMac, but there is no QR code, so whatever setup process is supposed to happen just doesn't.
    This is amazingly poor, and if I don't get this working I shall leave a 1 star review on the App Store site, and cancel the free trial. If I could get it to work I might have been very happy to pay - and indeed I was thinking of buying not only the software to run on my iPad, but also a hardware based version of Stream Deck. I am now unlikely to bother as the trial has so far convinced me that this system just doesn't work - so why should I go further with a hardware purchase.

Pity - the supplier and software developers need to get their acts together.
Working...
X