• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnb
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    What the hell? I had a brain cramp!
    Brain cramp not withstanding that was helpful.

For music (ripped and Radio 3) I use LMS so I can very easily stream that to my phone using FLAC and from the phone to my Sony headphones using Bluetooth (preferably using a decent codec).

It's probably about time I replaced my 6 year old smartphone sometime soon, so I need to drill down into the specs for one that supports the better Bluethooth audio codecs, etc, etc. Some of the LG phones seem to have acquired a reputation for audio quality even though they do cost much more than I would normally think of paying (my existing phone is a 1st generation Moto G).

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

I use an LG phone, one of the expensive one because it was touted as audiophile, etc.,but I think as long as it has the latest Bluetooth codec, you could probably spend much less

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

I've been listening to R3 on my (Bose 700) noise-cancelling headphones this morning - with noise-cancellation unintentionally and unnecessarily engaged - with a wireless feed from my iPhone. It is rather weird wandering around doing famiiar tasks in this way, without the accompanying sounds. Making a cup of tea, for example, I couldn't hear the kettle boiling. It drew to my attention how much I unconsciously rely on such sounds: I might turn my back on the kettle to do other tasks, so relying on the sound, rather than the indicator light, to alert me to its boiling.

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
          I've been listening to R3 on my (Bose 700) noise-cancelling headphones this morning - with noise-cancellation unintentionally and unnecessarily engaged - with a wireless feed from my iPhone. It is rather weird wandering around doing famiiar tasks in this way, without the accompanying sounds. Making a cup of tea, for example, I couldn't hear the kettle boiling. It drew to my attention how much I unconsciously rely on such sounds: I might turn my back on the kettle to do other tasks, so relying on the sound, rather than the indicator light, to alert me to its boiling.
          I've stopped using my noise canceling phones when exercising as to unsafe

Comment

Working...
          X