X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Killing off Avid Link and related ....

I keep getting a startup of Avid Link on my Macbook, since I downloaded some trial software.
    It's a pain. I can't find an uninstaller - this is really not good. I thought I'd be able to get rid of it simply, but it's not that easy. There is a suggestion that it can be configured to not start at run time, but now I'm so fed up that I want to get rid of all traces of that software. Avid should do better than that.

If I want or need it, I'll get it again later.
  • cmr_for3
    • Nov 2015

If you were on Windows I would suggest Revo Uninstaller. As you are on a Mac I'm not sure. Thought this thread might be of some use.

Comment

• Anastasius
      • Mar 2015

You've done the usual..google etc ? Found the suggestion about the avid uninstaller in the folder ?
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
        You've done the usual..google etc ? Found the suggestion about the avid uninstaller in the folder ?
        It wasn't obvious, and I still don't know that I can do it. I found this, which might help, though it also hints pretty hard that the Avid programs are a complete pain - https://www.protoolsproduction.com/h...o-tools-first/

Developers and/or vendors which do this deserve all the bad publicity they can get.

Comment

Working...
        X