X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anastasius
    • Mar 2015

Handling incoming Apple Mail attachments and vagaries of iTunes

Do other Mac users have the same problem as we do ? Get an incoming email with an attachment. Double-click to open it. Sometimes it works. Invariably it doesn't. So you click Save attachments.....and end up with 10-15 GIFs and JPEGS corresponding to all the junk that companies seem to insist on stuffing their email forms with.

iTunes is also now starting to misbehave...or specifically the way details of my iStore account are no longer available. Click on Purchase History and the equivalent of the spinning BoB. I think it's OSX version related as on High Sierra it's fine. El C it's not.

Likewise my version of Safari on El C...a lot of sites now are stopping to function correctly...mainly dialogue boxes not opening.

I was hoping that Santa would bring me a new iMac
    Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
    Do other Mac users have the same problem as we do ? Get an incoming email with an attachment. Double-click to open it. Sometimes it works. Invariably it doesn't. So you click Save attachments.....and end up with 10-15 GIFs and JPEGS corresponding to all the junk that companies seem to insist on stuffing their email forms with.

iTunes is also now starting to misbehave...or specifically the way details of my iStore account are no longer available. Click on Purchase History and the equivalent of the spinning BoB. I think it's OSX version related as on High Sierra it's fine. El C it's not.

Likewise my version of Safari on El C...a lot of sites now are stopping to function correctly...mainly dialogue boxes not opening.

I was hoping that Santa would bring me a new iMac
    We have problems such as you describe occasionally, but not too much. It sounds as though there is something wrong with your systems. You are running older kit, with perhaps older software. I can do that too, but mostly it works OK - though I’ve not checked in the last few weeks. I think you may be moving into a period when you’ll will have to update/replace your machines, though I don’t believe it’s terminal yet.

What other possibilities have you thought about? Malware? virus checkers? I think High Sierra should work, so do you really need to keep El C going? Is that the limit on one of your machines?

Comment

• Anastasius
      • Mar 2015

Thanks for the quick reply. You've come to the same conclusions that I've come to. Not malware etc.

We have two elderly 2009 iMacs...my wifes' cannot go past Mavericks. Mine, El C. High Sierra is on a slightly younger MacBook Pro but again is as high as the OSX can go.
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

Working...
      X