X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Lip Sync and Netflix

We have taken ouy a Netflix subscription this month, and we are rushing through a number of films and videos we thought would be worth seeing. Probably we have already had our money's worth, and might even have considered extending our subscription at the end of the month.

However, there is one very major problem. With the equipment we currently use there is a significant delay between the sound and the video - so lip sync problems are very obvious. We are training ourselves up to ignore these, but this is not ideal.

We do have other equipment, which may get round this particular problem, but I am now reluctant to reconfigure everything just for this one channel. The TV is a Toshiba 49 inch, and we watch using an Amazon Fire HD stick. Another TV, or one of our other devices - such as a Humax or Freeview box - may have the capability of adjusting the delay between the audio and video components of broadcast channels. I am certain that some of our equipment does have this ability, though perhaps not the devices currently linked together.

I may investigate further out of curiosity as much as anything, though I fear that this issue is going to deter me from continuing the subscription after we have watched the films and shows on our current list.
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

It may all depend on how you configure the sound output..... I bought a Fire TV Stick to watch the Premiership Games over Christmas, & plugged it into the 10-year old Panasonic TV. The Optical out from this feeds a Denon Soundbar.... watching & listening to the football (or cat videos on Youtube ) through that, everything was fine....the miaows were perfectly co-ordinated. Taylor Swift was OK too....

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
      • Apr 2014

Hi Dave - There’s a lot of stuff on the net about this - try googling Netflix sound and vision out of sync. It seems relatively easy to correct...

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
        Hi Dave - There’s a lot of stuff on the net about this - try googling Netflix sound and vision out of sync. It seems relatively easy to correct...
        I'd already looked for tips like those. The same Fire HD stick works fine with iPlayer - it's only Netflix which has the problem. Prime is OK. Just checking again - but the BBC News right now is looking pretty good. The problem is Netflix specific. We are only a few hundred yards away from a BT distribution point - the data rates possible should be close to 70 Mbps. Even allowing for internal delays and hold ups, the overall rates should not be incompatible with Netflix.

I could probably get this sorted on the other HD TV using another device (Roku HD stick) but I really don't want to have lots of different configurations for different systems. As I wrote in msg 1, it's a PITA.

Thanks for replying, though.

Comment

Working...
        X