X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzzer
    • Nov 2013

Streamer/multiplayer recommendations please

My Musical Fidelity Encore has been sent away to disgorge the CD it ate. There are numerous other design issues, but the sound quality is superb. One major plus is it has its own hard drive and so doesn’t need a separate networked NAS.

I appreciate all in one boxes aren’t to everyone’s taste - this is my first after decades of separate - but I wonder what others here might recommend? Thank you.
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
    My Musical Fidelity Encore has been sent away to disgorge the CD it ate. There are numerous other design issues, but the sound quality is superb. One major plus is it has its own hard drive and so doesn’t need a separate networked NAS.

I appreciate all in one boxes aren’t to everyone’s taste - this is my first after decades of separate - but I wonder what others here might recommend? Thank you.
    You could do worse than the Bluesound Vault2, but being in the U.K., I would plump for one of the Naim Streamers with built in HD. Obviously, your budget may factor in here...

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

My Apple Optical drive won’t disgorge a disc inserted last night. I never had that problem with the Vault2

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
        My Apple Optical drive won’t disgorge a disc inserted last night. I never had that problem with the Vault2
        Is that a separate drive, or part of an older iMac? I have occasionally had that problem with iMacs, but usually a bit of patience, and rebooting sorts things out. I can't recall ever having to do anything too brutal to the units, or even having to use a paperclip, which was quite a common occurence with some earlier Apple kit, and some Win PCs. I did manage to put two discs in once which caused a problem, but eventually even that was sorted without too much poking around. However, when I was working, one of my colleagues had a disc jam in an iMac, which I think was then downgraded to "Do not insert a disc into this drive" unit, as it was otherwise usable.

Comment

• muzzer
          • Nov 2013

Thanks Richard. One issue with the Encore is it doesn’t like connecting to the net via powerline plugs. My router is, not unusually I imagine, not in the sitting room where this stereo is parked. Does the Bluesound need a direct cable to the router?

Comment

Working...
          X