Preview (Mac) - PDF forms and annotations (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Preview (Mac) - PDF forms and annotations (again)

I have been trying to fill in a lengthy PDF form. This is one of those which in theory has text boxes which can be filled. The instructions were either to fill it in on the screen and then print it off, or to print it off and simply fill it in with pen/biro, before sending it in by snail mail.

I noticed that some of the boxes don't behave themselves using Preview (Mac OS), and the boxes empty themselves more or less spontaneously, or if similar boxes are used in other parts of the form. Perhaps 90% of the boxes are OK.

Maybe this is another case where the form would work with Windows - but it doesn't work with the Preview program on the Mac.

I did find a fix though - thanks to Anastasius from a previous discussion. I can use Annotations to generate Text which I then place over
    the relevant "boxes" on the screen - and since eventually it'll have to be printed and sent off, that should be good enough.

I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this somewhat annoying problem with PDF forms?
Working...
X