X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Samuels
    • Jan 2019

Radio 3 shoutcast 320 stream has disappered again

At the back end of 2014, the BBC arbitrarily turned off their "HD" stream which had been running since the proms (admittedly as an experiment), replacing it with the current 320-bit AAC stream. Many of us had receivers which could not (and still will not) receive the new stream. After a lot of noise from us at the time, the BBC re-instated the stream via a bespoke URL but said it would not continue indefinitely. My Denon RCD-N8 suddenly can no longer locate that URL so I assume that it has been turned off. Does anyone else still use this stream and if so, what kit are you using?

Luckily, my other streamer -- a Cambridge Audio NP30 -- was eventually upgraded OTA by the manufacturer to receive the new AAC stream so all is well in the living room. The Denon, however, has had to be retuned to 128-bit mp3!
  • Beresford
    • Apr 2012

The old stream (.pls) is working fine at 1855. Accessed using Foobar on Windows PC.

Comment

• David Samuels
      • Jan 2019

Thanks, Beresford -- it turned up again this morning after a two-day absence. I suppose it might have been a vTuner server problem.

Comment

Working...
      X