How much gain is worth trying for DVB-T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
    How on earth do you expect us to answer that ? Unless I missed it elsewhere in the thread, there are a zillion different models of Toshiba TV sets !
    I can give you the model number. I've never come across a set with two different types of input before. Are they common now?

Comment

• Anastasius
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      I can give you the model number. I've never come across a set with two different types of input before. Are they common now?
      I have no idea, I'm afraid. Is there not a manual online ?
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
        I have no idea, I'm afraid. Is there not a manual online ?
        There is a manual, which seems to cover a range of models, but it isn't sufficiently detailed. Most of my experience with the set has been done by trial and error, and then trying to find out whether what I observe actually corresponds to the manual. The simple user guide is next to useless. I'll shame Toshiba by putting the model number up next time I notice it. Pity really, as in some ways the set seems rather good, but the documentation is severely lacking.

I've not seen many sets which will do both DVB-S and DVB-T and TBH I wasn't expecting DVB-S when I bought it as we can do that via our Humax box.
        It can also do internet streaming via wireless, though again we can do that via other add-ons, such as an Amazon Fire stick. Finding out what it can do, and actually getting it to do what we want has been a painful learning process, and some of the controls are time sensitive which also doesn't help, as the control from remote controllers shifts between the controllers for add-on boxes and the TV remote too quickly after the set has been turned on. There is a fix, but one only finds out about that after more frustration. I'll win with this one, eventually.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Re gain again. Whilst accepting that high up and outdoor receiving aerials are better, what would be the typical difference in gain between an outdoor one and one installed in a loft? 5dBs or 50dBs?

Comment

Working...
          X