X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Wireless network password

I'm having a problem finding out my wireless network password. I've asked my ISP and they have given me a password that my Samsung wireless speaker rejects, hence I can't connect it to my android phone. The Samsung asks for the network password or sometimes the pass key or pin. I've tried the wireless password printed on the back of the router but that doesn't crack it either. I've tried to find the password by following the various suggestions for Windows 7 on the internet but for some reason my version of the system refuses to divulge the wireless code . Grateful for any suggestions to get this damned thing going.
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
    I'm having a problem finding out my wireless network password. I've asked my ISP and they have given me a password that my Samsung wireless speaker rejects, hence I can't connect it to my android phone. The Samsung asks for the network password or sometimes the pass key or pin. I've tried the wireless password printed on the back of the router but that doesn't crack it either. I've tried to find the password by following the various suggestions for Windows 7 on the internet but for some reason my version of the system refuses to divulge the wireless code . Grateful for any suggestions to get this damned thing going.
    IIRC, our various devices respond differently to the password depending on use of upper or lower case.
    In other words, it might be worth trying different case to those printed on the router, if you havent already of course.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Could anyone have reset the password on the router? It is unlikely, as that would require technical knowledge, but if that has happened then forcing a router reset to factory settings should then work with the password printed on the router itself. Of course it there was a deliberate change, then doing the reset could cause other things to fail. Your ISP might have deliberately changed some parameters by remote operations for other reasons.

Similarly, is it worth trying the factory reset on the speakers, in case they have locked in some incorrect data?

These are only guesses - maybe clutching at straws. If you try the resets I hope that doesn't make things worse.

Comment

• gradus
        • Nov 2010

Many thanks for the replies.
        In one of those utterly bizarre( to a non-technical person) developments the problem resolved itself when another phone was connected to the router and used the wireless password, miraculously my phone simultaneously connected, I am baffled but thankful.
        ps It's only a Samsung R1 (£59), nothing fancy but good for occasional listening via the phone.

Comment

Working...
        X