Will there be a FLAC stream for 2018 Proms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goon525
    • Feb 2014

Will there be a FLAC stream for 2018 Proms?

The sheer quality of this feed was one of the highlights last year for me. Anyone know if there are any plans to repeat it this season?
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Goon525 View Post
    The sheer quality of this feed was one of the highlights last year for me. Anyone know if there are any plans to repeat it this season?
    This would suggest o FLAC this year.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Still no sign of it in my searches... worth recalling (and looking out for) the name Concert Sound used for the FLAC feed last year to distinguish it from mere HDs...just have to keep hoping...

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

My understanding was that Radio 3 was up for it but there was humming and hawing from elsewhere with mutters of it taking up too much <inaudible>
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          My understanding was that Radio 3 was up for it but there was humming and hawing from elsewhere with mutters of it taking up too much <inaudible>
          I guess those from elsewhere ​found the benefits inaudible too - assuming they listened to it at all.....

Comment

• Stunsworth
            • Nov 2010

I sincerely hope they repeat the experiment, the sound was the best I’ve ever heard from R3.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X