X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Mozilla Firefox problems

There seem to be problems accessing and sending emails today, with the server not completing the login process, and when I try and send, not recognising my password. It then asks me to register a new password, yet when I do, refuses to recognise it. I'm at a loss.

Does anyone else here have Firefox as their server? And if so, are they experiencing the same problem?
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

No problem with Mozilla Firefox today. However, I had a similar problem with Google Chrome yesterday when I couldn't get online at all. Eventually my Anti-Virus app messaged to say there was a Duplicate IP Address sending malicious traffic, "which can be an attempt to attack your PC". Eventually I got reconnected to the web and everything seemed fine. Ran the AV and Malwarebytes - nothing suspicious detected.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      No problem with Mozilla Firefox today. However, I had a similar problem with Google Chrome yesterday when I couldn't get online at all. Eventually my Anti-Virus app messaged to say there was a Duplicate IP Address sending malicious traffic, "which can be an attempt to attack your PC". Eventually I got reconnected to the web and everything seemed fine. Ran the AV and Malwarebytes - nothing suspicious detected.
      Interesting - thanks. My computer whizz recommends me to wait and see, so I'll do that for the moment, even though I've been unable to receive or transmit since switching on this morning.

Ah - the two messages have gone out now.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Does anyone else here have Firefox as their server? And if so, are they experiencing the same problem?
        I think you mean "as their client". The server is the system (software/hardware) at the other end of the comms link.

Did the problem go away?

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          I think you mean "as their client". ...
          Or even browser.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Or even browser.
            OK - perhaps less technical users would use that word. In fairness it's perhaps more precise too, as a client could be providing other features - such as saving data etc. Try to explain to many people about the use of email clients vs web mail and see what happens - many glazed eyes and blank stares.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              I think you mean "as their client". The server is the system (software/hardware) at the other end of the comms link.

Did the problem go away?
              I was able to receive and send emails until later yesterday evening, when it went down once more. Fortunately it seems to be OK today, thus far. Thanks to all for your help.

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

I had a problem yesterday which was possibly due to an interaction between Firefox and Flash. Flash is a pain. I don't allow it to auto update, but then it goes out of date so fast that .... Well, at least I get to know about it.

I tried to buy a camera from John Lewis. At the point where my credit card was being validated a page appeared which looked like one I've seen before, which usually requires me to enter some characters related to a password for each card. That page didn't work properly, and was incomplete and didn't display properly, and I was unable to enter any numbers, and if that was indeed the problem, it has been a right pain, as I tried with two different credit cards.

I don't allow JL to keep my my credit card numbers. The effect of this so far is that I have had issues with both my credit cards, and had to contact the providers, and I'm still not sure if my order is going to come through. I think I still have to contact the JL customer service to check. The whole business is extremely annoying.

The only online retailer I allow to keep my numbers is Amazon. Issues like this may well become a real pita for others in coming years.

Comment

Working...
                X