X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Blu Ray Regions

There is a Blu Ray that interests me that I am thinking of purchasing. It features Rattle Conducting with Cellist Sol Gabetta. The program is the Elgar Concerto, Rite of Spring, And a Ligetti work. The price even with shippinig is reasonable, significantly lower than what Blu Rays go for here.
    The disc hasn't been released in the States yet. My question is: will a Blu Ray sold in Europe play on a machine here? Or is there some regionality restriction?
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    There is a Blu Ray that interests me that I am thinking of purchasing. It features Rattle Conducting with Cellist Sol Gabetta. The program is the Elgar Concerto, Rite of Spring, And a Ligetti work. The price even with shippinig is reasonable, significantly lower than what Blu Rays go for here.
    The disc hasn't been released in the States yet. My question is: will a Blu Ray sold in Europe play on a machine here? Or is there some regionality restriction?
    Many music DVDs and Blu-rays are classified as Region 0, which means they can be played on any machine. Others are not, so it will be necessary to check before buying.

Europe is Region 2.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Unfortunately Europe is in Region B, and the USA is in Region A for Blu-ray, so unless the disc you are interested in is region free (0), you will probably not be able to play one from Europe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Unfortunately Europe is in Region B, and the USA is in Region A for Blu-ray, so unless the disc you are interested in is region free (0), you will probably not be able to play one from Europe.
        I stand corrected.

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

This Is listed as "all" for regions. Is that the same as "0"?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
            This Is listed as "all" for regions. Is that the same as "0"?
            I think so.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              I think so.
              Indeed. I think that form of words may be used to avoid confusion regarding the different coding systems for DVD and Blu-ray regions.

Comment

Working...
              X