Attaching replacement ear pads to headphones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Er. . . returning to topic my own headphone repair has proved to be most worthwhile, and has convinced me of the superiority of wired headphones. They are lighter, and sound better than their expensive wireless cousins.

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie
      Do they have open-backed versions like Sennheiser?
      Yes , of course

My experience with Sennheiser's is that the cheap ones are rubbish but the very expensive open-backed ones are great but (IMV) there are much better options (Sony headphones are used by many field recording / film sound folks, for example)

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

A post with a link from a new member has been deleted as a recorded spam address, but the message about Sennheiser headphones can be reinstated if thought useful.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Er. . . returning to topic my own headphone repair has proved to be most worthwhile, and has convinced me of the superiority of wired headphones. They are lighter, and sound better than their expensive wireless cousins.
          Agreed, and if one is troubled by annoying little sounds transmitted by the cable housing, just use a strip of Micropore tape to affix the cable to one's neck, just short of the left ear (which is usually the side the cable joins the headphones) thus isolating the vibrations to a considerable extent.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

I have at least one set of Wharfedale Isodynamic headphones which could be refurbished. Mrs D wants to throw them out, but I noticed on another hi-fi related site that someone has bought a pair off eBay, and had them refurbished. He reported that the quality was still very good, even with these now quite "ancient" cans. I asked how this was done, and it did seem like a bit of a domestic thing - bits of cloth, foam and glue, as well as perhaps rewiring the jack.

So far I have held off taking these to the dump and am still waiting for enough time and enthusiasm to take over to do the nessary work. They're probably not the best headphones available, but a lot better than many, though quite hard to drive with modern amps without a special headphone amp.

Comment

Working...
            X