• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Probably/perhaps this one, or maybe this is a similar/related article - Patmore, David and Lonn Henrichsen. 'The ascent and descent of Everest Records - part 1', Classic Record Collector 13/48 (Spring 2007), 42-8.

Is the text available on line?

What is "DeC Suite 2" mentioned by Bryn?

Daphnis et Chloé,

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Daphnis et Chloé,
      Thanks!

I was thinking of opening the cellophane and playing that one - even if it's not by Barbirolli.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Wasn't really that thrilling. I don't know if there's such a thing as a good performance and recording of Bolero, but that was barely it - though I suppose it might bave been worse. Is that one of the mono ones? Sounded pretty flat re spatial characteristics - could try to check with Audacity I suppose.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post

Wasn't really that thrilling. I don't know if there's such a thing as a good performance and recording of Bolero, but that was barely it - though I suppose it might bave been worse. Is that one of the mono ones? Sounded pretty flat re spatial characteristics - could try to check with Audacity I suppose.
          It's mono. My favourite modernish recording of Bolero is this one:

The CD seems a bit hard to find these days.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

At least Copland's Billy the Kid and 3rd Symphony with the LSO is clearly stereo - though haven't decided how good it is yet.

I presume the VW 9 is genuine - I think that was the first recording of VW 9. I'm not sure if that's in my pile.

Comment

Working...
            X