1. CANNOT get any BBC radio stations via computer online
    BUT............
    2, Can get Finnish station, / other European stns

Help!!!!
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

What happens if you click on the play arrow here:

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

How are you accessing the Finnish radio station?
      What computer / tablet / mobile phone... are you using?
      Are you accessing using a Program / Application / Web Browser?

In addition to French Frank's Sounds link, do either of these Radio 3 links do anything? They might trigger a Media player & the first one is UK only.

Can you install VLC https://www.videolan.org/ ? It's a general purpose media player that runs on lots of platforms and can play these links.

Comment

• Retune
        • Feb 2022

As well as the first link, these two should work, even outside the UK:

Listen to BBC Radio 3 internet radio online. Access the free radio live stream and discover more online radio and radio fm stations at a glance.

Listen to BBC Radio 3 live. The best UK radio stations. Free radio online at radio-uk.co.uk.

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          How are you accessing the Finnish radio station?
          What computer / tablet / mobile phone... are you using?
          Are you accessing using a Program / Application / Web Browser?

In addition to French Frank's Sounds link, do either of these Radio 3 links do anything? They might trigger a Media player & the first one is UK only.

Can you install VLC https://www.videolan.org/ ? It's a general purpose media player that runs on lots of platforms and can play these links.
          I type 'y' in the search bar (if that's what it's called) on my Lenovo PC and up pops 'Yle Klassinen'. My normal browser is ARG Secure,
          Last edited by LMcD; 10-10-24, 09:47.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
            Host
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Retune View Post
            As well as the first link, these two should work, even outside the UK:
            Retune that's far to simple a solution You need added complication!

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            I type 'y' in the search bar (if that's what it's called) on my Lenovo PC and up pops 'Yle Klassinen'. My normal browser is ARG Secure,
            Thanks LMcD, Yle Klassinen is new to me, might give it a go. Is it AVG Secure? (ARG looks to be an elite security group).
            Last edited by AuntDaisy; 10-10-24, 10:27.

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Thanks LMcD, Yle Klassinen is new to me, might give it a go. Is it AVG Secure? (ARG looks to be an elite security group).
              Sorry - of course it is!
              Have you tried Radio Klassik Stephansdom?

Comment

• Retune
                • Feb 2022

I had plenty of fun hunting for direct streams like the akamaized links last year when the BBC, in their wisdom, decided to kill all the streams I was using in my phone's radio app. Serves me right for wanting to listen to all my radio stations in one app rather than use BBC Sounds and a dozen other apps from the big broadcasters. Sometimes simplicity get complicated...
                Last edited by Retune; 10-10-24, 22:21.

Comment

• Beresford
                  • Apr 2012

Has anyone found a direct stream link for Ancient FM (Canada)?
                  I can access it via the website, or via the portal on my internet radio, but not by a direct URL.

This is what I use for Radio 3: (In Foobar with the Kernel Streaming add-on). Same as Aunt Daisy, only High Def - 320k instead of 128k.
                  http://as-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool_904/live/uk/bbc_radio_three/bbc_radio_three.isml/
                  bbc_radio_three-audio=320000.norewind.m3u8
                  Last edited by Beresford; 15-10-24, 15:04.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                    Host
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                    Has anyone found a direct stream link for Ancient FM (Canada)?
                    I can access it via the website, or via the portal on my internet radio, but not by a direct URL. ...
                    Does this work & is it the right station? It happily plays in VLC player.
                    Code:
                    https://mediaserv73.live-streams.nl:18058/stream
                    (The URL came from looking at what this OnlineRadioBox webpage accessed, it's also accessed from this Ancient FM webpage).

Comment

• Beresford
                      • Apr 2012

AuntDaisy: Yes, that's the one, thank-you. It's good for pre Elizabethan music. They often have Elizabethan instrumental music and song, but not the big polyphonic pieces.

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

The OP hasn't returned to say whether he found any of this helpful?
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Online radio / BBC now OK - how / why I have little idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X