X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Mac OS X mail - visibility

I now seem to be getting email messages with a lot of text and sometimes pictures too which I find almost impossible to read on my MacBook Pro as the font size is too small. I know how to make things more visible in most web browsers, and in PDF and document viewers, but I've not managed to find any controls to adjust the size in displayed documents within Mac OS X Mail.

Is it possible? If so, can somebody tell me what buttons to press, or sliders to slide, or values to set please?
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I now seem to be getting email messages with a lot of text and sometimes pictures too which I find almost impossible to read on my MacBook Pro as the font size is too small. I know how to make things more visible in most web browsers, and in PDF and document viewers, but I've not managed to find any controls to adjust the size in displayed documents within Mac OS X Mail.

Is it possible? If so, can somebody tell me what buttons to press, or sliders to slide, or values to set please?
    Try pressing the Cmd key or whatever it's called (the one with a curly square shape on it, one on either side of the space bar at the bottom) with one hand, and "Shift - +" with the other.

(I think the "↑" keys to get the "+" control and capitals etc are called "shift" keys? Anyway, the upward arrow key )
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Try pressing the Cmd key or whatever it's called (the one with a curly square shape on it, one on either side of the space bar at the bottom) with one hand, and "Shift - +" with the other.

(I think the "↑" keys to get the "+" control and capitals etc are called "shift" keys? Anyway, the upward arrow key
      That's the way to do it

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Try pressing the Cmd key or whatever it's called (the one with a curly square shape on it, one on either side of the space bar at the bottom) with one hand, and "Shift- +" with the other.
        Nice to see someone speaking my language. I can see that key easily (curly thing on the right, apple on the left), but talk of Cmds and alts leaves me baffled. I am guessing that we are both over a certain age.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
          Nice to see someone speaking my language. I can see that key easily (curly thing on the right, apple on the left), but talk of Cmds and alts leaves me baffled. I am guessing that we are both over a certain age.
          I would think that the key with cmd or even with command written on it IS the command key?

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
            I would think that the key with cmd or even with command written on it IS the command key?
            Nothing with that name on my MacBook Pro. I could offer alt, ctrl or apple+curly square.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Nothing with that name on my MacBook Pro. I could offer alt, ctrl or apple+curly square.
              That's odd

On my 13" macbook pro it's cmd
              on the 15" model it's command
              and on the USB mac keyboard it's cmd

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

I suspect so - I don't know my Alts from my Ctrl either!

But I'll have you know that I'm typing this on the work PC, remembering how to use the home Mac - and reasonably ept on both... and able to magic a (and for good measure a ♠, a ♥, a ♪ and even a merry ♫ !!)

I have this pinned to the wall, analogue-style
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                  That's odd

On my 13" macbook pro it's cmd
                  on the 15" model it's command
                  and on the USB mac keyboard it's cmd
                  On my wireless keyboard, which I what I use mostly, it's apple+curly square. However, now I've looked carefully, the inbuilt keyboard on the MacBook Pro (2012) is cmd+curly square. Now I know what to do when it says cmd. Thanks Mr Gong- I've learned something new.

So command is the same as apple. Are we back to Genesis?

Comment

Working...
                  X