• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Idagio
    • Jun 2024

New Classical Music App Looking for Testers

Radio 3 listeners we need your help!

Do you think that current digital music services lack the capabilities to allow for the unique structure of classical music?

IDAGIO is a new app that aims to tackle all of the problems that classical music enthusiasts face when trying to listen to music digitally.

Our music library is curated by a team of musicologists and collates thousands of hours of hand-selected masterpieces in the palm of your hand. The app is based on relevant and correct metadata, so you will not be left frustrated by not being able to locate what you are after.

At IDAGIO, we are a small team that combines decades of experience in both classical music (having worked with musicians such as Lang Lang and Anne-Sophie Mutter) and digital music products, and we are passionate about improving this user experience. It’s an ambitious goal and the road ahead is long, but we are starting now!

The app will launch in closed BETA in the coming weeks and we need your help! Just click HERE and add your email into the field at the bottom of the page. We will send you the download page on its launch date.

Happy listening!
    Last edited by Guest; 27-02-15, 14:25.
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

This would be most useful, especially for those of us moving our collections to Hard Drives.
    I was annoyed when it appeared that a vendor joined the forum to shill for a product, but if this works it would really fill a major need

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      This would be most useful, especially for those of us moving our collections to Hard Drives.
      I was annoyed when it appeared that a vendor joined the forum to shill for a product, but if this works it would really fill a major need
      You take the words right out of my fingers.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Interesting. Where would this leave extensive material already uploaded / purchased / held on iTunes?

And your site shows a mobile phone. Is this 'app' designed for laptops, pcs etc too?
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          You take the words right out of my fingers.
          Might be worth signing up for the Beta, but I'm wary of helping others to the extent of doing a lot of work so that a small few can profit. I remember when some of the CD databases, largely developed by volunteer labour, suddenly tried to migrate to commercial products. I'm not sure what the outcome(s) was/were. I'm strongly in favour of community projects, but rather against "clever" individuals or organisations trying to muscle in later on and take over after all the serious ground work has been done.

Comment

• Frances_iom
            • Mar 2007

enough buzz words - "curated by a team of musicologists and collates thousands of hours of hand-selected masterpieces in the palm of your hand. The app is based on relevant and correct metadata, so you will not be left frustrated by not being able to locate what you are after. " to indicate that merely a sales pitch and not a corrected and accurate database for CD rips etc - but maybe FF like the BBC will soon be full of adverts

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              Might be worth signing up for the Beta, but I'm wary of helping others to the extent of doing a lot of work so that a small few can profit. I remember when some of the CD databases, largely developed by volunteer labour, suddenly tried to migrate to commercial products. I'm not sure what the outcome(s) was/were. I'm strongly in favour of community projects, but rather against "clever" individuals or organisations trying to muscle in later on and take over after all the serious ground work has been done.
              Somehow I doubt that there is a lot of money to be made developing a better database for organizing Classical Music. Like you, Dave, I was annoyed to see the post, because as frances_iom points out, it is filled with advertising buzz and I don't want to see this forum go that route. This one, however, may be useful as I find myself constantly lamenting the absence of such a program, and because I don't think great riches are to be made here; this imo would almost amount to a public service project.

Comment

• Idagio

Thanks for your feedback.

This does come across like a sales pitch, I apologise, but I promise there is a human behind all the talk!

We are still at the early stages of this project and we are just looking for people who both love classical music and use a streaming service to test our app. We are currently in the process of adding more detailed information about how IDAGIO works and why IDAGIO is different than other streaming services on our website, which hopefully will answer some of your questions.

@Dave2002, @richardfinegold we are a small business all from classical music backgrounds. We are just trying to fill a void which we feel exists in the big world of music-streaming.

@Caliban, currently the BETA test will only be available for iOS. We plan on releasing a web-based and Android version further down the line.

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Idagio View Post
                  This does come across like a sales pitch, I apologise, but I promise there is a human behind all the talk!
                  Fear not, it was assessed and passed quality control!
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                    • Sep 2012

Thanks for your feedback.

We are still at the early stages of this project and we are just looking for people who both love classical music and use a streaming service to test our app. We are currently in the process of adding more detailed information about how IDAGIO works and why IDAGIO is different than other streaming services on our website, which hopefully will answer some of your questions.

@Dave2002, @richardfinegold we are a small business all from classical music backgrounds. We are just trying to fill a void which we feel exists in the big world of music-streaming.

@Caliban, currently the BETA test will only be available for iOS. We plan on releasing a web-based and Android version further down the line.
                    Well, i signed up as a Beta, so experiment away upon me!

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

I probably won't be able to take part then, as although I do have an iPad, it's a Gen 1 model, and most recent apps don't work because of the wonderful continuity which Apple built in to their work. I don't mind things drifting off over time, but it only took a couple of years for some problems with iOS on the gen1 models to emerge. I may buy another iPad, but each year I keep putting it off. Maybe the next model!

I could do Android and MacOS testing - even Linux perhaps. Good luck with the project. It'd be good to see how it develops. I might be able to borrow a more recent iPad before I splash money on a new one. Could I be enrolled as a tester anyway, so that I could access it if I have the opportunity to test out later on?

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                        • Nov 2010

This looks good. I get very fed up with itunes and its "songs"
                        I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

Working...
                        X