X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Using iplayer via Wii

Recently we have been getting this message when clicking on a programme to watch it on the television via the Wii: An error has occurred. Please try again. Error code 375006 To try again press 'Back'.

A quick internet search suggests this is affecting others systems as well. The BBC are aware, but so far have not offered a solution. Anyone else found this. Any suggestions?

N.B. iplayer is fully functional via the computer.

Thanks

OG
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Ah - time to get out the games again!

Might get round to checking later. We don't usually use the Wii for this purpose as the video quality is noticeably lower than other approaches.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
      • Jan 2011

Thanks Dave

Don't have other approaches at Grumpy Towers, other than laptop/ipad.

OG

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Hi again.

When was it last working for you?

I put ours on, and found that the Internet connection wasn't working - not surprising as the router changed over a year ago. We have used ours to play games during the year though, so that wasn't a problem.

I then reset the connection to the new router, and tried to start iPlayer. There appeared to be attempts to list programmes, but so far any attemp to watch any of them fails with an error code - which may be the same as yours. [can't check immediately I'm looking at another error message]

I then tried both Netflix and YouTube - again with problems. I think there were upgrades for the software. The Wii software itself seems to be OK - as I tried to upgrade that and a message came back that it was up to date. The Netflix and YouTube applications don't seem to update, though.

Currently I'm stuck in the Wii Shop Channel, which has Error Code 209600 and a message about trying again (I've already done that) ... and then "If this continues, please contact your local customer support centre. For contact details visit support.nintendo.com

If you get this fixed before I do, please let me (us) know. I suppose it could be a temporary glitch, but if yours hasn't been working for some while, then it looks more serious.

If you have a newish TV you might be able to get iPlayer from your computer using an HDMI cable, though the Wii should work - but clearly at present we both have failures in that area.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Now have made a little bit of progress, and have downloaded new versions of Netflix, YouTube and a few other things from the Store, and currently am watching a rehearsal with Karajan of Dvorak 8 via YouTube. So that seems to be working now.

However, last time I checked, iPlayer still wasn't working properly, either on TV - several programmes from BBC TWO, BBC Four = from today or recent, and similarly R3 wasn't working either.

I did also experience problems with the Wii Weather and Wii News - so still work in progress, but at least some of the comms issues are now reduced. Maybe I'll try a wired connection - though I'm not convinced that it's really necessary through the link from the BT router.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Further progress - so this thread has been a little bit of use to me. Now have the Amazon film channel working - so am watching the Pilot of Mozart in the Jungle - which is a rather odd video - but it does show that this is actually working with the Wii.

This has now encouraged me to move my Lovefilm account to Amazon, as I was prompted to do quite a long while ago.

Perhaps I'll try NetFlix next.

The error messages for iPlayer continue, and are indeed as stated Error code 375006. Some iPlayer functionality works - it is possible to search for programmes - correctly - but the programmes do not play.

To OG - if you can't get the Wii iPlayer to work, then there are cheap alternatives - such as the Now or Roku units, which I think won't cost you much, but should work with iPlayer. I have a cheap Roku which works with some video channels - including Channel 5, though many of these gadgets won't work with Channel 4.

BTW - Mozart in the Jungle looks pretty rubbishy! You perhaps knew that already!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
              • Jan 2011

Thanks Dave.

This is a fairly recent problem. No changes to the router. Wii shop still works and You Tube as well. I have deleted iplayer and reinstalled it from the Wii shop - still no joy. As you say, search etc etc works. The error code kicks in once you select a programme and start it.

OG

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

OG

Seems that we'll have to wait until someone at Wii or the iPlayer team notices there's a problem, and gets round to fixing it.

While I'm looking into this I might take the opportunity to try Netflix - which I've avoided for years.

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

iPlayer is still not working.

I also noted that the Wii News and Weather channels don't work - but it appears that they are now defunct - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

Just acquired and installed a Roku box...

... looking good so far.

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                    X